March 28, 2024, 10:00:43 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Help! Need a MIL/FMIL perspective

Started by IssaQueen, May 30, 2017, 09:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Our posts based on our experiences, there are no professionals here, as you know. We listen, ask and share and it's a take what you want and leave the rest environment. There is the opportunity to be heard and sometimes to get a different slant or two without anyone being put on the defensive. Often the next step is to move on to counseling.

We can't know the 'whys' of your FMIL's attitudes or of yours. Personalities prevail...expectations...hopes and dreams...fears. Some are felt and some may be too deep to even be aware of.

My guess is that you have enough feedback to be able to take a time out to digest it. A suggestion has been made that you read the posts in our archives from 'Pen'. You might want to give that a try. They go back over the last eight years. The dynamics are similar but she writes from a MIL's perspective.

In support of a 'time out', I am going to close this thread. It feels complete to me. Please stay with us. Hugs...

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama