March 28, 2024, 04:16:00 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Resource for newly widowed

Started by daniel, April 05, 2017, 11:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

Just wanted to share this site with anyone who needs something like this, or anyone who knows someone else who may benefit.

It helped me out when I finally found it, 7 months after the husband died... wasn't there when he died and hope those who need this will find it much sooner than I did.

At any rate, I made many friends through this site that I remain friends with to this day. Just as We need each other to help us navigate our AC, because others don't get it, the widowed need the same.

www.widowedvillage.org

www.soaringspiritsloss.org

Bamboo2

Thanks for this suggestion!  I have already sent the link to a friend who just lost her husband a couple of weeks ago.

daniel

You are very welcome, Bamboo, I hope it helps your friend as much as it did me.