March 19, 2024, 02:25:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Re wrote my will- and it actually feels good to stand up for myself

Started by woolovereyes, December 28, 2012, 03:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evalyn

Thank you very much Luise, I will try and follow your advice.

luise.volta

I don't know it that come first or...'I can't change anything but myself.' My favorite is, 'What you think of me is none of my business.'   Hugs...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Marina

I'm very sorry for your loss, Evalyn.  Since it was fairly recent, you are going through a vulnerable and emotional time.  I imagine your DDs are sorting things out emotionally also.  Please be kind to yourself as you move through your grief and be around people who are supportive.  SS may have taken some things belonging to DH, but you have the memories and lasting richness of your relationship with DH that SS forfeited while DH was alive.   

Evalyn

Thank you, do you think maybe, I was focusing on the loss of the gold bracelet, because I haven't been able to face the enormity of losing my DH? We were so close, since he retired 10 years ago, we were together much of the time.
Time for me to brave and adjust to my new life. At least I have a home and my little dog. A new great grandchild on the way, I heard yesterday. My GD is keen to involve me in her Christmas celebrations. I have much to be thankful for. Coming here has given me a different outlook on things. Many thanks. :)

luise.volta

Good for you, E.! It sounds like you may feel complete with this thread, do you want to close it?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Evalyn