March 28, 2024, 01:00:07 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Today Was My 89th Birthday

Started by luise.volta, March 09, 2016, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Hi, gang: I don't think the number 89 is very different from 88...but...today is the first day of my 90th year! I find that exciting! I would have posted earlier but I haven't had a free moment until now. Others must have found it exciting, too. The staff and residents here at my retirement center celebrated with me...my family, extended family and friends celebrated with me...(even  those I knew in high school)...and my Facebook friends turned out in droves. Telephone calls came in with people singing Happy Birthday and cards, hugs, flowers, candy, gifts and endless well-wishes came my way. I just got home. My son, our webmaster, and his wife took me out to dinner. I am so grateful to be healthy and happy! WHAT A DAY!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

shiny

Happy happy belated birthday wishes, Luise!

So glad you enjoyed this special day because you deserve celebrating!
I thank God for you -- you have helped me so much with your wise counsel, and also from others who post on your website - a labor of love.

My birthday was early this month, too, but went by uneventful -- no mention from AC, but I'm okay!
May you prosper in your ninety year!
Blessings and hugs

Bamboo2

I wish you a very happy birthday and 90th year of life.  What a milestone!  You are an inspiration of living a genuine life, with wisdom, grace, forgiveness, self-respect and equanimity.  I hope to live as long as you so I may one day reach these goals as well.  Your life is a blessing to so many, and you affect lives every day.  A living legacy!  You have touched my life profoundly even though I've only "known" you for a short time.  Imagine the countless others you have touched throughout the years, in person and online.  Many blessings to you in this 90th year.

starfire

Happy 90th, and I hope you have a wonderful year. You are an inspirational women you started this community and help many people out daily, for some of us this is our way to vent so our marriage or important relationships in our life aren't destroyed. Sometimes in these situations we think we're alone however through creating this page you showed us we are not alone.Thank you for everything you do!

Pen

Have a fulfilling & fabulous new year, Luise! You are truly amazing. Thank you for your kindness, wisdom, support and humor. How lucky we are to know you, even if "only" online. Love you!!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Dearest Luise
Happy Belated Birthday !
Had I known, those scones would've found their way to you .
Your site saved me all those years ago from the depths of despair , for that I will always be grateful .
Many happy returns to you . Sending hugs 🎂🎉 x

autumnwoman

Luise, Happy Belated Birthday.  I haven't been on the site for a long time but I visited this morning. It sounds like you had an amazing day and I wish you many more.  I can't tell you how much this site has saved me from the depths of sadness and sorrow.    I'm still estranged from my OS and grandsons but I am at peace. Just being able to get your side of the story told and to have such positive helpful beautiful women always there to support you is a blessing.   :)

luise.volta

Him. Autum! So good to hear from you. Yes, all too often we don't change our circumstances. What we can do is to honor ourselves...share and be heard...and move on. Hugs!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

PatiencePlease

You are a gift to be celebrated every day Luise. ??