March 28, 2024, 12:38:25 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Daughter in law ruined Christmas

Started by Chris6753, December 26, 2015, 07:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris6753

I can't believe the nerve of my Daughter in law, she stay behind with the Triplets in Florida with her parent after thanksgiving trip to Disney World and stayed still after Christmas. My son had to go home because he works. So he spend his Christmas alone without his family. I never did that to my husband or family. He wrote late on Christmas email that on 12/27/15 that the triplets will be opening up gifts. Come on people she still there and lied about coming home sooner. Guess what she is bring her Mom, I just hope she does not stay another 3 years. My thoughts is that my Daughter in law is awful for not coming home before Christmas so my son could enjoy his children also.
Lucretia Fritts

Pen

C, your DIL is probably not going to change. As Maya Angelou said, "When people show you who they are, believe them."

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. (((hugs))) My hope is that your DS figures it out & steps up for the good of his children & their grandparents. (Unfortunately, your needs and opinions are probably not welcome at this time.)

What baffles me in these situations (as I said, mine is similar) is the behavior of the DIL's parents - how can they be part of this treatment of their son-in-law & his parents? How do they justify it??
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Chris6753

Don't worry I didn't say a word to DIL or her parents. I just feel sorry for my son.
I learn later not to say anything and just have the hurt will never get involve anymore.
We are the forgotten ones.
Lucretia Fritts

Green Thumb

Sounds like your DIL is very narcissistic and this isn't going to change. It hurts us that our AC are married to people who do not treat them well.