March 28, 2024, 11:29:31 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Christmas dinner canceled

Started by kate123, December 17, 2015, 06:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

December 18, 2015, 09:59:20 AM #15 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:18:15 AM by luise.volta
B., good for you! I never cease to be amazed at what pops up on my gratitude list. Some are a repeat, like good health and a cozy studio apartment. I'm so grateful they do! You're there, too! I am so grateful for each and every one of my Wise Women and for my son, Kirk. He's my Webmaster and keeps it up and running! What a gift!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I don't even want to imagine my life w/o WWU, Luise & Kirk. Thank you all!!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

kate123

Me too, would have had much more difficulty without this site!

And after thinking about this dinner thing I recalled that it happened before with Thanksgiving and came here for advice then too! Too bad my memory fails me, but then again maybe not.

Anyway my boyfriend and I have "adopted" a man we are friends with (he helps us out). My bf was talking to the mans mother and as it turns out she was ousted for Christmas too over the in-laws. I am guessing this is the case with most sons, they try to please the wife. And like Pen said, we don't want to cause more anxiety for them.

I am over it now, just accepting what is. It is just not worth the energy or time we have left to think about it.

Wish all of a Very Merry Christmas!

PatiencePlease

Sorry I'm late to this....  Kate, your heart and attitude are in the right place.  Make the most of these days and celebrate the wise woman you are.  :)

I, too, am so grateful for this place.  I'm not able to get here as often as I like.  (I visit my parents often and they don't have wifi or a computer.  lol)  But no matter the number of days that pass before I can get back to WWU, it's always, always, a safe place to call home.

Luise, thank YOU for creating this place for all of us.  Wishing you & all here, the blessings of this season.

Bamboo2

Kate, how was your Christmas eve gathering?