March 28, 2024, 02:08:24 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My eldest now has my teenagers

Started by Mel, December 15, 2015, 01:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

I feel shut out and my eldest seems to enjoy making me suffer such a long story but I can't help resenting her for siding with them against me

luise.volta

Welcome, M. We ask all new members to go to our HomePage and under Open Me First to read the posts placed there for you. Please pay special attention to the Forum Agreement to make sure WWU is a fit. We're a monitored Website.

Also I will move your post to the category it represents. Be back soon!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

December 15, 2015, 01:52:16 PM #2 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:23:42 PM by luise.volta
OK...I'm back.

I don't know your story but I want you to know that this is the place we share and find that others care. There are often many different points of view. Take what you want and leave the rest.

The one thing I have learned, that may only apply to me and not to anyone else,
is that no one can any longer 'make me feel' a certain way. I choose that. Since
I don't like suffering, I don't go there. I may not like what they do but I move on with my life and refuse to let their abuse control me. To me, what matters most
is my own well being. If that sounds selfish...I am willing to be called that.

Sending hugs...

shiny

Green Thumb

I am not sure what the problem is, but know that others are sympathetic and maybe in the same boat as you. I highly suggest the books and articles listed on this forum. A good counselor is worth the money and can help you decide if these are such highly toxic relationships that you are better off not in contact with them. Dr Joshua Coleman also has a good website for parents of alienated adult children.

luise.volta

Yes, go to our HomePage and scroll down to Helpful Resources...there's some great recommendations there.