March 28, 2024, 12:06:34 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It has been 2 or 3 years since I've been here

Started by artlady, July 11, 2015, 09:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artlady

Maybe some that were here with me have reunited with their estranged children. My case is no better truth be known it is worse and I see no fixing . Hope all is well   . Mine is the controlling   narcissist  sil

luise.volta

Wonderful to get to say "hi!". A.  :) Sorry things haven't changed for the better. How are you? Are you doing better? Hugs...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

artlady

Oh it has taken me almost 5 years but I feel I'm back to me almost and moving forward.  So much has gone on I guess I could write a book . My question is how are you and are some of my old buddies still here.

Pooh

Hi again!  My situation is the same.  Still no contact with OS/DIL, and they have two children now.  I've let that go and just decided that's how it is.  Hate it, but don't dwell on it any longer.

YS/DIL and I are still very close.  They have 3 children now, who are my joys.  He's still in the service 15 hours away, so visits are only a couple of times of year, but SKYPE is my best friend.

So even though not much has changed, I have changed.  Things are 10000% better because I changed and just accepted the non-relationship and enjoy those that want to be in my life.  It's made a huge difference.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell