March 29, 2024, 06:31:20 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Mother's Day disaster

Started by zebra1lady, May 17, 2015, 10:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiny

P, like the quote, too!

Found one awhile back that gives me a chuckle and it goes something like:

"If you are going to suck the life out of me, please take some cellulite, too." Ha!

Luise, thinking of you.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Quote from: luise.volta on May 20, 2015, 12:40:10 PM
I love that! I'm really up against it myself at the moment. Will post about it elsewhere but am writing that one down, Pooh! :-)

I posted it up on my wall at work to remind myself!  I'm going out of town for the next few days, but know that whatever you are up against, I'll be thinking of you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Green Thumb

Zebra1lady, I admire your thought process and desire to get to a more balanced mental state. It is often ironic how this alienation stuff skips generations. My own dad hated his parents and my mom's parents and moved us far away. I never knew my grandmothers. Which has always been painful to me, that I grew up with no relatives around. My mother was weak and married a guy who controlled everything and had personality flaws/issues. My oldest daughter is weak and married a guy who controls everything and has personality flaws/issues. My ex husband is a narcissist and it upsets me that two of my kids are also narcissists. The younger daughter is planning her wedding and blew off a family member who lives close by because she "can only invite 120 people and these relatives are on her second tier list." When someone on the first tier list says no, these relatives will be invited.  How stupid is she that she thinks her paternal grandmother hasn't told all the relatives on that side of the family and this relative knows she is not invited. What a narcissist I have raised, and I can hardly believe it.  (I pick my battles and just told this daughter I understood because she is mean and I am tired of being the object of her ire -- she has scorched my plate often enough.) I thought my goodness and love would negate this trait??? On what planet??? I have come to realized we can only change something within us. We have to let go of other people's issues. We did the best we could and we have to let it go.

kate123

"excluded from Thanksgiving dinner that year, although she did come by with a plate of leftovers for me"

Z, Really! A plate of leftovers! That is about the meanest thing I ever heard! I guess you cried yourself to sleep that night-unbelievable how cruel our children can be to us. So sorry that ANYONE would do such things to you. I would have had that condo on the market the next day.