March 29, 2024, 02:36:37 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Mother's Day is a Knife in my Heart

Started by Green Thumb, April 30, 2015, 05:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Thumb

For some very stupid reason,  at Easter, I mentioned to one of my AD about visiting me on Mother's Day. No reply, no promise, no talk about it, but dang me, I got slightly hopeful anyway. I just found out she is visiting a friend in another state next weekend. I was upset and then I realized how tense it would be to have her visiting me & staying in my house, baiting me or my husband, playing mean jokes -- all things she has done in the last 4 years. She's just flat out mean. Three of my AD ignore Mother's Day, I do have one good AD. My in-laws are just horrible people and we saw the entire family last weekend and it was terrible, mean comments from a BIL, everyone hates each other, a big family argument going on, their mom high on prescription drugs, its awful and my husband feels so, too. I do not want to do Mother's Day with his family. I told him this as we left the family event last weekend and he said him neither. So I am already upset that Mother's Day is coming and it is not a happy day and I'll be ignored again. I am projecting and making this a catastrophe in advance. Need a pep talk and a kick in the butt.

Stilllearning

You have a whole week to plan the absolute best Mother's Day in the world for yourself!!  Do not let your ADs make the day a flop!  Plan now to do something that you have put off for a long time because you had children.  Go do it!!  Even if it is out of town! You deserve itEnjoy!!!
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown

Stilllearning

Oh and I forgot....tell them about it later...not while they have a chance of changing your plans!  Have fun!!!!!
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown