March 28, 2024, 01:30:12 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I need to vent! DIL has really upset me.

Started by Terri, June 09, 2010, 10:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donewithdrama

Luise, YOU are cool ;)

I wish I could adopt you.......

luise.volta

I'll check with my son and see if he thinks I've done anything outrageous lately. If so, I may be up for adoption!  ;)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

stilltryen

Terri, I can relate in that my husband has had three heart attacks and I know how scary that is.  I don't have grandchildren, but I do have a problematic DIL that I've learned to keep my distance from.  I do, however, get along swimmingly with my son and we chat all the time and have agreed that, maybe someday, his wife and I will get along, but that's not the case right at the moment.  At any rate, had I been you, I would have texted my son on his cell phone about hubby and his health issues.  That gets you off the hook from anybody saying you didn't let them know, but you don't have to speak to anyone you don't want to.  Same with the grandkids.  You could text and say, "Your dad is recuperating, but I'm sure seeing the grandkids would brighten his day."  Something along those lines, then it's on them to come or call.  If you reach out - and they don't respond, well, at least you know you tried.

I believe there are just as many evil MIL's as there are DIL's.  Sometimes everyone is good, there are just personality clashes.  I'm glad this site is here.  One can get on, type away, vent away and sometimes - we actually get some good advice back.  And yeah, sometimes folks just jump to conclusions, but that's okay.  At least one can vent and get it out of the system.  So thanks!

RedRose

Terri,

I think you should talk to your son...if you haven't yet...tell him exactly how you and your husband feel. You never know..he may be on your side..he just needs to keep the peace in his home..

No matter what the difference is between you and your dil...your grandchildren should not be kept away from you. It is so wrong when this happens. Parents should not use their children this way.