March 28, 2024, 02:40:57 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

When I am down in the dumps I........

Started by Stilllearning, March 23, 2015, 04:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stilllearning

I wanted to start a thread with ideas on getting out of the dumps when you are down.  So what do you do to pull yourself up by the seat of the pants?  I am lucky, I live near the ocean so I can always go to the beach and sit and wonder at the beauty and power of the sea.  What do you do?????
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown

Pooh

I do photography.  I pack my camera bag, go hit up a park or the river, a field, etc. and take pictures.  Seeing the beauty of nature or people through the lens, centers me and reminds me there is so much in this world to be grateful for and I'm just a miniscule piece of it.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

jdtm

I walk - and when I quit crying (or just feel better), I turn around and head for home.  Then, I seem able to face my day.

luise.volta

I listen to CDs of Jo Dunning. The shift in focus and support gets me back on track.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Patrisha

When I am down in the dumps I check in with myself, journal as it helps me get clear about what is going on for me. Usually I get down in the dumps simply because I need to give myself some TLC, have a relaxing hot bath with some lovely oils, create a nourishing meal for myself and go to sleep early!
Exercise is a great way to change the down in the dumps feeling!