March 28, 2024, 03:50:08 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Things are finally turning around - for me, anyway

Started by Susan E., December 01, 2014, 06:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

December 04, 2014, 05:58:39 AM #15 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:58:28 AM by Pooh
I personally, changed mine and took my oldest DS out of the will.  Everything goes to my youngest (after my DH).  There are some that hold the opinion that it will just cause problems between those left behind so it's not worth doing and I see that.  I hold the opinion that if I'm not good enough for you in life, then my money and possessions aren't good enough for you in death.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

I couln't say it any better, Pooh!

on the dating topic....I married too early at 19 to the first man who loved me.  Big mistake as we have all found out, love is not enough.  I left the marriage when my son was a year old.  I used phone dating before on line existed, on and off thru all the years of single motherhood.

There have been liars and snake oil salesmaen out there since the begining.  Hell I married one the first time and I met him at a store! I got a lot of negativity and caution about phone dating from worried friends/family. 

I explained it like this, Even if you met a man at a bar, the grocery or thru a friend at church, you still have to vet him yorself by spending a lot of time together.  Listen to your gut and if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.  I used the same rules of engagement in dating that I did with guys I met in life.

i never responded to men outside of 25 miles of my home.  I would correspond on the site with him for no more than a week or two and the next step would be for him to give me his number to have a direct conversation.  I told him that I would block my number.  Then a physical meeting within the week or two. Connecting directly by phone and in person is required! This is the key!  U must meet in person to see if you have a chemical fit and to be sure he is who he says he is. When you have gotten to know him and he passes the snff test, you give him your full name and phone number.  He does the same. Then No man I ever met had any problem with my approach.

This stopped the bull with men who just wanted to get attn by using the site with no intention of having an honest relationship with anyone but their mommy or cannot get the guts to leave a bad relationship and play on the web.   Some of these folks collect women on line like baseball cards....And others get stuck on the first guy because hew is better than nothing.  No relationship ios better than a bad one! So having all this sand to sift thru makes a woman more choosy.

I would NEVER pay for a membership because I am cheap and wanted the man to pick up the tab while dating me.  Then I would treat here and there to reciprocate.  Calll me old fashioned? Dont care.  There are free sites out there for women. 

I was also very clear on my ad that I was looking for a long term relationship with a marriage minded gentleman. I met and married the love of my life via Yahoo Personals and we have been together for 6 years and married for 3:)

This is OUR time ladies so why not spend the last of our lives with people who actually like us!

Susan E.

QuoteI hold the opinion that if I'm not good enough for you in life, then my money and possessions aren't good enough for you in death - Pooh   

My thoughts exactly, Pooh!