March 28, 2024, 10:05:52 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Free Mother to Good Home

Started by Rose799, October 02, 2013, 08:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

...A Handbook & Survival Guide for Good Parents, Stepparents & Grandparents Who Find Themselves Underappreciated, Under-Loved, and Overwhelmed

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Mother-Good-Home-Underappreciated/dp/1452540039

If you're looking for answers, this book is an excellent place to find them, I highly recommend it!

luise.volta

Hi Rose - Wonderful to see you here!  :D After reviewing, I just ordered it for someone near and dear. A light of compassion and understanding at the end of the tunnel of confusion and pain! Thank you!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Susan E.

I have read this book (Amazon Kindle format), and I also highly recommend it.  The title is a little odd and misleading, so I'm taking the liberty here to post the description from Amazon: 
"Have you heard the words, "I never dared to treat my parents the way kids do today? If you are a baby boomer or the parent of a tween, teen, or adult child, not only have you heard those words, you may have uttered them yourself. If, in this new age of child-parent relations, you've ever felt like a helpless puppy or kitten inside a box marked "Free to Good Home"-if, in spite of all your love and the care with which you embraced parenting, your child has grown into an entitled and thoughtless power broker in your relationship-read on. Author Kay Taylor has studied sociology, parenting, blended families and personal growth for years; in this bold, groundbreaking book she explores the changes in our culture that she believes have given birth to what she describes as the E-generation-a generation of teens and young adults that feel so empowered and entitled that they often clash with their parents, creating a palpable power struggle within the family. This often leaves good parents alone, depressed, and completely befuddled as to what they did wrong. Free Mother to Good Home comes from the heart and experiences of an everyday parent in the trenches. Taylor offers a mother's perspective, as well as a remedy for parental blues, helping parents know what they can do to get their houses and their lives back in order.

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Mother-Good-Home-Underappreciated/dp/1452540039