March 28, 2024, 03:17:47 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Possible Cure for Scleroderma and other diseases

Started by Pooh, October 03, 2014, 11:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Hey guys.  I was fortunate enough to attend the Scleroderma National Conference in Anaheim, California back in July.  Most of you know I have been diagnosed with this disease and have been battling it the last 3 years.  During our opening session, they announced that they have possibly found a cure!  I am so excited!  They are in the process of getting all the paperwork done to start human trials next year.

Why am I sharing this?  Well, the most damaging part of Scleroderma is that is causes fibrosis of the skin and organs.  The discovery they have made is actually the reversal of fibrosis.  They discovered it by total accident (which I find immense humor in).  But the good news for many people is that fibrosis is a major part of many diseases, including the majority of heart attacks.  Many heart attacks are caused because there is fibrosis in the heart.  Then there is pulmonary fibrosis and many others where fibrosis is the main problem.  So in the research for trying to cure Scleroderma, they may have found a cure for much more!

So here is the link to the video they just released where they explained all of this.  It's an hour long but holds so much promise for millions of people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgG0eeMaIw8
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Wow! A light at the end of the tunnel for you! How wonderful! Sending hugs!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

So happy to hear this, Pooh! The "accidental" cure - I love it. Great news for you and for many, many people.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb