March 28, 2024, 07:25:12 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

detatched but resentful

Started by bettylou, April 20, 2010, 12:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

No, No! I *went* to a wedding in a nudist park. It was a clothing optional club like most of them are here because it gets cold in Washington!  ;D ;D The bride wore...a flower headband. (That's was easy to write up!)  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

BellaTerra66

Quote from: luise.volta on April 20, 2010, 03:52:38 PM
Whenever I get stuck in resentment I ask myself..."Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

There's another one:  "Do I want to be right or do I want to be kind?"  I think 'being kind' also means being kind to our own selves.

But the one I love is:  "Being angry at someone else is like taking poison and hoping the other person will die."  That one always brings me to my senses.

Hope

Pooh,
I love your wedding story.  It brought tears to my eyes. 
I also love reading everyone's little quotes that make so much sense, "Do I want to be right or do I want to be kind?", "Being angry at someone else is like taking poison and hoping the other person will die", and, "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"   I'm going to have to remember them the next time I get my blood pressure up about something.
Luise - no one can accuse you of leading a boring life!  Sounds like you've experienced much more than most people.  I think I would be terrified to go to a wedding in a nudist park.  Even if I went fully dressed, it would take a lot of courage for me.  Your dad had a good idea when he said you should write an autobiography.  I'm interested to know how you became so self-motivated, creative, clever, and funny.  Are you a lot like one of your parents?  How did this happen?  I want to be like you when I grow up.
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

Hope - I am just an adventurous spirit, I guess. My parents were both teachers and very proper. LOL! But my dad was warm and funny and loving. My hero! My two older sisters conformed beautifully! I must have been a throwback.  :o I have never been interested in the status quo or the norm or data passed on from who knows where. I have followed experiences...mine and those of others...and impressions and concepts and experiments and new doors to new thoughts and premises. I've never liked school, texts, or teachers. Life is my school. I wasn't rebellious but I sure heard my own drummer and wondered why others didn't hear it.  ;D I got into a lot of scapes, of course, but I seem to have a bevy of guardian angels that keep up the good work 24/7.  8)

I was in my 70s when I decided to get a computer and teach myself what it was all about. Boy, is that the wrong way to do it! I have huge gaps in my knowledge that I trip over often and then I have to back track. Fu Manchu!

Someday I will write about my first experience of driving through the gates of that nudist park and how it came about. ;D It's lucky I have a strong heart!!!  ;D ;D ;D

BellaTerra66

Oh, I want to hear ALL about your time in the nudist park/camp.  LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL  I wish I had a picture of your face as you drove through.   ;D

Thank you for this laughter today. 

Nana

Oh Bella:

Your have a joyous heart....I could hear your laughter.  I am laughing too.  I would also like to know about the nudist park that Luise drove through.......awesome!

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

It's wonderful to visit the light side, isn't it? I will write about my "clothing optional"  ;D experience soon.  :o

BellaTerra66

"clothing optional experience" -- LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Hope

Luise,
I can't wait to hear all about your clothing optional experience!
I loved reading about the wonderful person you are.  It hit me as so funny that your parents were teachers ..... and you never liked school.  I also am amazed that you taught yourself how to use a computer while in your 70's.  I guess you have some teacher in you, too!  I just love your adventurous spirit.
Hugs, Hope

Pooh

So, seriously.....what were the flowers?  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, dear, how did we get so far from "Detached and Resentful?" Have we pirated this thread? Iwill start a new one. What should the title be? My "Clothing Optional Experience?"  :o

luise.volta

Pooh, gardenias, I think. It was 22 years ago, though, so don't make me use my Girl Scout's Honor!

BellaTerra66

Pooh, you are SO FUNNY!  LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Luise, maybe you better start a 'humor' thread (along with the 'Clothing Optional" thread LOLOL).  God knows, we could all use more jokes, humor and laughter.

luise.volta

When I see Kirk, Wed., I will ask if we can have a new category. Great idea! We all have funny stories if we are wiling to tell them on ourselves.  ;D  :o  8)

BellaTerra66

Thanks!  I think it could be a lot of fun, and a nice break from our sore hearts. 

Fran