March 28, 2024, 01:15:27 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Mother's Day 2014

Started by Pen, May 09, 2014, 07:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedicatedmom

Oh Luise yes the injustice. My daughter callef me incompetent and unloving and i know that's untrue. She was a rude and unruly teenager and my x let me take the fall with the situation. She's still resentful but now im Grad school. I did that. I've lost her but i saved her.

Footloose

Cranky, we r sisters from a different mister!  I'm so glad you had a great MD! :)  Pooh, we too!  Take back the holiday and take back your life while you're at it!

I finally got a life and it almost got taken away and then to recover only to be tied again into a family web going back eons before I was born?  NOT!

Here is a toast to your new and improved life! Make it GRAND!  I am trying that for myself too!

Footloose

Dear Dedicated,
maybe you also saved her ....for later.  I hope we all live good and long lives so it occurs to me that time could be our friend in these situations. She may have some more growing to do and who knows what's next for either of you?  Look back 10 years or even 5?  Now flash forward 10, 15 or more?

I agree that we could be gone in a second so we shouldn't waste a single moment and that is why it is so important to take this time out to focus on you.   

dedicatedmom

Thank you. Footloose I hope for a better future

Cranky Pants

Footloose, it's not as if I haven't grieved for the loss of the relationship with my son, it felt as if someone had cut out my heart in the early days, weeks and months since the cutoff.  It's been a few years, and this year I had a really good time, for a change.  Yes, we do have to take back as much as we can, whenever we can, however we can.  I know I'm not getting any younger and I need to make the best of all the days I have left.

I also intend to have a great Christmas.......yes, I know it's a bit of a ways away, but I'm going to plan something that takes me away from the Christmas carols and smiling families that reminds me that I'm not one of them.  As the Girl Guides used to say "Be Prepared".

Kudos to you too, Footloose,
CP