March 29, 2024, 03:29:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Question about DILs and Grandkids

Started by JustPuzzled, December 18, 2013, 07:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmark1

Lancaster lady.How often do you see your GD?are you able to take her out.

lancaster lady

Hello Marmark ,
firstly I'd like to say you are in safe hands on this site , you couldn't meet a more kind group of ladies .
my story goes way back and you can read my history on here if you have a spare week .
My GD is now 4 years old and when born i was given the cold shoulder  big time .
I see her about once a month , even though she only lives an hour away .
In my case I think my DIL had to establish ownership of her DD before she would let anyone else in .
i had to learn to back off and wait to be invited to see her .
the thing to do is when you see her make the time special in every way , your GD will remember the one on one time you spend with her .My GD actually asks to see me now .
it's hard I know , but bide your time .
My son eventually started to ask me to visit .Be the fun GM everyone likes , not the grumpy one
no one asks to visit .
It worked for me .
the bad times still happen sure , but thats all about her , not me .
I know my GD loves me and thats all that matters .
good luck ... :)