March 28, 2024, 10:06:21 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I just realized....

Started by Stilllearning, January 07, 2014, 10:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stilllearning

January 07, 2014, 10:28:29 AM Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:35:28 AM by luise.volta
I get a ton of help from the times that I do not post!  Sometimes I just sit here for a few minutes and sort out my thoughts.  Sometimes I write half a book and delete it instead of posting it.  Either way just thinking about things helps the healing, and knowing that the women on here will be supportive if I do post (even if it is a rant!) gives me the freedom to have the option to post if I decide to.  Thank you to all those wonderful ears who are willing to listen lovingly, to all the moderators who keep people from being unkind, to our wonderful webmaster Kirk and to dear Luise for seeing the need for this site and filling it.
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown

luise.volta

SL - I just copied that to Kirk! Thanks so much! Hugs...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

DixieDarling

I 2nd SL.
Its been such a fantastic experience since finding this site. I've only been around a little while but have seen a few times when Luise has had to jump in gently.
It gives us a place to be true and honest without fear of being tore down. Thank you so much!

luise.volta

DD - Thank you for your contribution as well! Your next post is your 100th!  :) WWU is the sum of its members and my monitors work with me to keep it safe for everyone who comes here with the intent to share and heal respectfully.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Alone we are one voice, together we are a choir! :)

Woo hoo Dixie! 100 coming up....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell