March 28, 2024, 04:24:41 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

New Picture

Started by luise.volta, November 29, 2013, 07:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

November 29, 2013, 07:46:44 PM Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:51:08 PM by luise.volta
This picture of me with my "ex"-DIL was taken yesterday. I've mentioned her before. We decided not to get divorced in the 1980s when she and my son didn't make it. On Thanksgiving Day she drove over an icy, mountain pass to be with me at my retirement home because I find that large gatherings, even my own family really tire me. I just love her to pieces!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

dedicatedmom

That is so sweet. You never know from where our comfort will come. My former husband's sister has been one of my most loving supporters - she didn't divorce me either :-*

luise.volta

Are we lucky or what?!  8)

Pooh

Great pic Luise and what a sweetie!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

freespirit

Lovely Luise!  I can understand your X-DIL not wanting to lose you. I wish it were that way  with mine. My son feels so much bitterness towards his X. He has forbidden me to have any contact with her. I'm  hoping in a couple of years he will change his way of thinking.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

Thanking my lucky stars, FS. Kirk and Sonja are good friends, and Sandy, Kirk's wife, and Sonja are good friends, too. :)

Footloose

I divorced the father of my child almost 30 yrs ago and kept his mom and dad too!  Sadly, all of their family has passed away or dropped out but me and DH.  Blood or not, they are family and I am proud to count them as friends too!

Now how can i get them to move near us in WA?!  I hope to get them to at least come for a visit with a strong travel companion to help them on the trip.   

We own the WA home as of 11/15 but still wait for our Atl home to sell.....Hope it's soon!

luise.volta

Sending good thoughts your way for a sale soon! :-) January is the biggest month of the year for real estate.

Footloose

pic of the Ocean Shores WA Home <3

Footloose

luise.volta

Pooh

I am absolutely jealous of that view!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

And u can see it from our guest room too! I welcome you to visit!

Joseph Campbell

Did he write this just for me?!

Pen

FL, congrats on the new abode! Lovely view, lovely home. May you have many happy years there!

I take my morning coffee with whole milk, no sugar, FYI.   ;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

freespirit

I'm confused, footloose. Is this the house you would llike to sell,  or do you want to buy it? If you want to sell it,..I think it is exactly  what my brother is looking for. He lives in Massachusetts? Is the house anywhere near there?

In any case it is absolutely beautiful.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne