April 23, 2024, 04:13:18 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Daughter hates me because her grandmother died

Started by JoanieM1948, October 23, 2013, 11:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantine

@Joanie: I'm so glad to hear that. You are certainly welcome. It's been over two months now since I have actually heard from my son.

I dislike Sundays so much because this was always when we had our time, could talk, and so on . .. . . like so many others here have said, this whole life event truly does bring about cause for the grieving process. :(

I miss him so much, but he's gone and I have to accept that, as hard as it is. He's so much like his DF and has bought wholesale that macho garbage that I don't think I'll ever really be a significant part of his life again. While people continue to reassure me that he'll come back around, I know enough about him, his character, and his DF's influence to know that he's gone.  :'(

JoanieM1948

@Fantine - hopefully your son will come around.  I keep hoping my daughter will do that, also, and everyone keeps saying that she will.  It is just that it still hurts us, but I am so thankful for my son and his love and support during all of this.  I am so fortunate to still be able to share a part of my life with him and the rest of my family now.  My daughter always enjoyed family holidays so much, and it will just be so different this year, but we are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my Dad.  It will be the first time in a long time.  He and my mother got divorced when I was 12 and there were many years we had no contact with him.

Pen

Welcome, JoanieM1948. You've come to right place! I'm very sorry you're having issues with your DD, but as you can see you're not alone.

I've been absent from the site for a few days so if I'm repeating a post from one of our other Moderators please forgive :) Here goes the spiel:

If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to read the pink highlighted items under Open Me First on the home page. We ask this of all new members so we're all aware of site policies, etc.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb