March 28, 2024, 11:53:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Clover Where Are You?

Started by luise.volta, May 22, 2010, 03:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Clover  I am really missing you. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

willingtohelp

Hello all,

I'm here and complimented that you thought of me.  I've started back at work and am trying to keep up with an ever active child (at first I worried about when she'd crawl.  Now I long for the times when she was more stationary), so time for typing is limited, but I do read when I get a moment.  Also, we went on a road trip during my last week of leave to see DH's far away aunt/godmother and other relative (second cousin?) and some good friends of ours, so my access has been limited recently.  Anyway, I'm here and hoping things are good for you all.

Pen

Hey, Clover, it's good to hear from you. Glad things are going well.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Marilyn

I've miss you too Clover.Glad things are going good for you also. :)

luise.volta

We are all in your corner...doing the new baby thing. Wait until she walks! Then all bets are off. The separation, once you go back to work may be painful. We're here for you and miss your compassion and wisdom...but we all understand. Been there/done that! Sending love...

willingtohelp

I don't even want to think about walking.  She's pulling up already!  I have a really sweet deal at work; the day care is in my building, so I can go down and have lunch with her or nurse her.  They even give us the pagers so we can be paged if our child needs us.  And since I'm a researcher, I don't really have patients that are kept waiting, just experiments, so when the experiment is going to run for a few hours or the computer is crunching/collecting data for a while, I can sneak down and see her.  But I keep a strict policy of no web forums or other distractions (news, etc) at work.  I want to get in and get my work done, which means I won't be posting during the day.  But after her bedtime, all bets are off.  And actually, I have a post to make to get some advice on....so I'll leave this thread to make a new one.

luise.volta

It's so great to see your smiling fingers again, Clover. And you earned the sweet deal you have!!  :)