March 28, 2024, 01:55:37 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Can you give a little advice to a DIL?

Started by peachykeen, November 21, 2012, 02:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

My take is others are how they are and so are we. When it works, it's great...when it doesn't, we have to decide what works for us. My hat is off to you for agreeing to the 5 day thing and for your plan on how to survive it. I wouldn't go there...but that's just me. Rejection takes me down like nothing else does and I'm paralyzed. I've learned to protect myself from it whenever possible. Sending love... 
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Yup, if someone has an agenda there really isn't anything you can do to change their minds. You can only take care of yourself and your reactions. Having a plan for activities is a great idea!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb