March 28, 2024, 06:48:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Son ignoring texts? Completely ignoring me? What to do? Advice, please

Started by fantine, September 30, 2013, 10:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freespirit

My son invited  us to his house for dinner tomorrow. This thread has given me enough backbone, for me to prepare myself,...once again.....and that is; if he's going to  be a jerk, I'm leaving.  There will be other guests there too, which might make it difficult to pull it through;...but maybe that is just the message he needs, and that infront of others.

For now, I'll just hope for the best, and spend my time with my granddaughter, keeping my distance from him.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

I'll be there, FS...tucked in a little, invisible pocket over your heart.  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

freespirit

Luise, you were there. 

The last four days or so I felt all tense about it, because I just knew I would not be able to take another sarcastic and mean remark from him. And for that reason, I was afraid of us fighting, or that I just leave the dinner table.

I was thinking up of excuses for not going, and was actually disappointed that hubby's cold wasn't worse, so I could say we have to stay home.

Well, off we went, stomach in knots, taking deep breaths...

...And you won't belive this; ...he was really nice to me. He even hugged me. What? I don't know what was in that food, but he should eat more of it.

Maybe it's his new girlfriend, who I really like. If she causes this change in him, I can only hope and pray they stay together.

I guess the moral of the story is; ....expect the worst,... for what ever may happen, it can only be better than what we were afraid might happen.

Miracles do happen! I can't say how long it will last; but for now, I'm simply enjoying the present.

Luise, you WERE there!  :-* Thank you!  :-*

-- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

freespirit

-- Michel de Montaigne

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

Grand NEWS!!!

and maybe his reaction was different because you were different!  Having that "mental out"  the plan w/ Luise in your pocket to know that you could leave and stop the disrespect.  Who knows?  He couldda picked up on that but it does not matter!  You had a great visit and that is all that matters! 

No expectations just a belief that you can and will protect your dignity by simply removing yourself from the situation. Empowered to self love! 

Give him the credit and not the girlfriend?  It is his doing not hers.  She may just be a side effect of his own maturity and growth.  He is picking better these days?  LOL!!!

Pen

Yay!! Many of us carry Luise and WWU with us. I wear a certain piece of jewelry or other accessory that reminds me how empowered I am when I glance at it or touch it (discretely, of course.) It really works  :)

Glad to hear about the new GF, I hope she's a keeper.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

freespirit

It's so nice to have you ladies be happy with me....I so wish the same for each and every one of you.
Merry Christmas!
:-*
            -- Michel de Montaigne