April 23, 2024, 12:26:48 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Need prayers for my Son

Started by Pooh, May 22, 2010, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Update:  Well the prayers are still working!  5 of the 11 fractures have healed already.  He called me last night to tell me they were going to go ahead and send him to his next training base in Florida to finish healing and that way he would already be there to start his next phase of training.  To me, that says that they think he will be fine and not have to medical discharge.  And that was followed by, "Hey Mom.  Can you take me?  And I have to be there Friday night."  Lol.  So I have been doing a mad scramble last night and this morning to take a day off work, find us a reasonably priced place to stay in Florida (yeah, lets do this during PEAK vacation season), and work out all the details. 

He has to sign in by tomorrow night, but is supposed to get the weekend off, so I have found us a place to stay on the beach Friday and Saturday night to spend time together.  Hubby can't get off work on such short notice (the whole Police thingy) so it will be just me and my son.   The drive down will be great to get to spend 7 hours talking to him but dreading the drive back by myself Sunday.  I hate it my hubby can't go, but looking forward to 2 days with my son, and so grateful that this one actually "wants" me to spend time with him!

Thanks for all the continued prayers ladies.  They are so working!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Wonderful! Sending prayer of gratitude and thanksgiving and keeping up the ones for healing! Have fun! ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Weekend with youngest Son was absolutely wonderful.  Got him all settled in at his new base and got to spend a great Saturday hanging out on the beach, driving the coast and eating seafood with him.  He is feeling much better and I know that your prayers are doing the trick.  Thank you so much ladies!

P.S.  There are at least 100 people in the United States that think I am a total whack-o now.  The 7 hour drive back Sunday by myself, led to some major car-dancing because I was so bored.........
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Wonderful and so funny! Car dancing!!  :o

Pen

Oh, that brings back memories of more youthful days. I think I'll car dance on my next long trip :) I'm glad you had a good visit with DS. It's good to hear he's on the mend.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

Quote from: Pooh on June 16, 2010, 07:57:46 AM
Weekend with youngest Son was absolutely wonderful.  Got him all settled in at his new base and got to spend a great Saturday hanging out on the beach, driving the coast and eating seafood with him.  He is feeling much better and I know that your prayers are doing the trick.  Thank you so much ladies!

P.S.  There are at least 100 people in the United States that think I am a total whack-o now.  The 7 hour drive back Sunday by myself, led to some major car-dancing because I was so bored.........

so happy to hear...thanks so much for the updates...I hope from here on in, everything runs smoothly for all of you....

Hugs
Creme

Ree

done.  Hang in there Mom!

Ree

Hope

Pooh,
Sorry for the delay, but I am so glad to hear that your weekend went well with your son.  Sounds like good memories to hang on to.  It's great to hear that he is healing so well and that you helped get him all settled into his new base.  What a wonderful mom you are!
Hugs, Hope

Pooh

Thanks Hope.   I feel a little bummed and like a bad mom right now.  He let me know he was getting off Tomorrow thru Tuesday for the 4th of July and wanted to know if I could come get him so he could spend the 4th with us.  They will not let them fly for this one, has to be a private vehicle with immediate family picking him up.

I had to tell him I couldn't do it.  I would have had to take off 4 days to go get him, bring him back, take him back and then drive back (8 hr one way for me).  I just don't have the time off right now on such short notice plus we had a couple of things this weekend already planned that can't be changed (A Police graduation, and a family get together).

He was very understanding but I could hear in his voice how much he wanted to come home for the 4th so I feel bad.  I did suggest he might ask his dad or pawpaw if they could do it. (I wouldn't hold my breath about his Dad, but doesn't hurt to ask).
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

You can't do everything, Pooh, much as you would like to.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

luise.volta

Oh, that is so hard! We can't even spell "NO", much less say it. Good for you for keeping a level head and making sense of of very difficult situation. Lessons are learned though us sometimes. Your son will have a time when he is torn between what he wants to do and what he should do and you are a great role model and teacher.  :)

Pooh

Thank you Luise and everyone.  Well, all my "small" guilt was for nothing...Lol.  He text me Friday night with a picture of a car him and 4 other military guys rented for the weekend.  He's been texting me to let me know all the fun they have been into (and he let me know he was the DD so I felt better.)  They have been going to the beach, night clubs, cruising and having a blast for the weekend.

I am so glad he has some buddies to go have fun with.  And I couldn't help but giggle at the car FIVE military guys rented......it was a CUBE!!!!  Omg, got an image of these poor buff men all packed into that, cruising down the coast being all "Hey ladies...".
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, that is such a hoot! (As in, "beep,beep!"  ;D ;D

Hope

Pooh,
So happy your 4th of July story has a happy ending.  Very funny mental picture of them in their rental car.  Sounds like they are having a great time!  Oh, happy 4th of July everyone!
Hugs, Hope