April 26, 2024, 07:54:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Need prayers for my Son

Started by Pooh, May 22, 2010, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

My Facebook rule (for myself): Don't put anything there that you don't want on the 6:00 news!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Good one Luise.  I'm not upset that they know.  I guess I just think they should have called their son instead of me.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Yes, humanoids would have!  8)

Pooh

Ha ha ha.  Thanks Luise, I needed that!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

Sending good thoughts to your son, and to everyone who loves and worries about him.  Hang in there, Pooh.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Ladies thank you so much for the prayers!  They are already working!  My son just called and although the Mom in me wants to choke him, I am also so very, very proud!  He finished his classroom final today and everyone was taking their final PT exam.  He told his CO that he wanted to try and do it.  They let him try and he passed it!

I couldn't believe it.  He is very sore and hurting but he said, "Mom, I figured it would be harder to do it after 2-3 months of bed rest, trying to get back in shape.  So I just decided I was determined to do it, even if it hurt."

God bless him.  I could kill him for possibly injuring himself further, but man what determination.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers!  Also, they are giving him a one day off-post pass Saturday for being so "Army Strong" today.  So I get to travel and see him this weekend!  I am sooooo excited and happy!
Joseph Campbell

Marilyn

Oh pooh,I'm so happy for you,getting to go see him.Have a wonderful visit!

Your son is remarkable!What a fine young man you have.I hope he didn't do any further damage,bless his heart.

luise.volta

Someone is going to catch royal heck for letting him do that! Not safe! We better keep praying our heads off!

Enjoy your visit!!

Pooh

I know!  I was saying, "I am proud of you, but what were you thinking?  I love you, but are you crazy?  Good job, but what if the bone had given way and broke in two?  How nice of them to let you try, but they should be shot!"  Bless his heart, he was laughing and at the same time trying to reassure me he was fine.  I was being supportive in one breath and fussing in the next.

One thing I have learned about the Army since he has been there is they take care of them to a certain extent, but they don't baby them and IMO, let "being tough" override common sense sometimes.  But he loves it and it was great to hear excitement in his voice about his accomplishment after hearing the depression and desperation in his voice Friday.

Can't wait to see him Saturday and thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

We're all going with you, you know...in that invisible pocket right over your heart!  :D

irenic

I will pray that healing comes quickly to your son.  May he be touched by the angels.

Hope

Great news about seeing your ds, Pooh!  I know you'll treasure each second!
Hugs, Hope

Pooh

Thanks everyone.  I am so excited and appreciative that he got the one day pass.

And what is his response to my, "What would you like to do Saturday that will be easy on yours legs?"  And of course after thinking this over for a few minutes his logical response was....

"I want to go bowling"

Where does that kid get his stubborness?????? La la la la la la la la la la

Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

That's easy! From his father, of course!!!  ;D ;D

Pooh

Joseph Campbell