March 28, 2024, 12:28:06 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Need prayers for my Son

Started by Pooh, May 22, 2010, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Ladies, I need some help sending up some G-mails.  Got a call from my youngest son last night (the one I told you about in my precious granddaughter story).  He is currently in training in the Army and called last night to let me know he had been injured during training 3 weeks ago.  They were practicing walking in bomb suits and coming down some stairs (apparently those bomb suits are very heavy and awkward).  The guy behind him stumbled and landed into my son.  He grabbed the rail and dug in to keep them both from falling.  They didn't fall and he said his legs were hurting afterward but he figured he just strained them.

He called last night to tell me that after 3 weeks of still hurting, the doctor wanted to take a look at his legs.  He has 7 stress fractures in his left leg and hip and 4 in his right leg!!!!  Now he is finishing this last week of classroom work and then they are going to put him on several months of medical rest to try and heal them.

Please send up some prayers for him to heal quickly and completely, and to have patience while he is healing.  He is very depressed about having to just lay around for months and in quite a bit of pain.

Thank you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

How awful! I am so sorry! Please know that I am on our WWU prayer team and am giving it all I've got! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Thanks Luise.  I feel so bad for not being able to see him yet, but when they put him on medical leave, we may get to go visit him on post.  Keep your fingers crossed.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Orly

Sending my best on towards your son.  Hope they heal up fast for him.

luise.volta

Your son sounds like me. I walked on a broken ankle (tibia) for a week last November before I finally had it checked " to be sure nothing was wrong because it wasn't feeling any better." They wouldn't even let me drive home and I had to have surgery and two huge screws put in. Afte two months in a wheel chair Happy Holidays!)...I can stil only walk short distances, very slowly.

I'm sure hoping he mends rapidly and well.  Bless his heart. Youth is on his side!!!Sending love...

Marilyn

Pooh,i'm so sorry,i will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Luise,yes youth is on his side.I'm glad to hear your walking short distances,hope each day gets easier.

luise.volta

Well, there's nothing like two months in a wheel chair to make you appreciate being able to walk at all! And drive! ;D

Marilyn

I agree,i was flat on my back once,for a couple months.............seemed like a couple years.

I was never so glad to be able to walk,and like you said drive too..........freedom! :)

Pooh

Thanks everyone.  I hope with time he will get better but I am also hoping this doesn't end his military career.  He loves it and has been so gung-ho and excited since he joined.

I can sympathize Luise.  I tore my achilles tendon in 2000 and had to have surgery.  Was in casts and wheelchairs for 2 months, then they put me in a boot and sent me to therapy.  The first day of therapy, I tore thru it again.  A second surgery and this time, casts and wheelchairs for 3 months.  Then walking boots for another 2 months.   It still gives me issues when I try to walk long distances.

Glad to hear your's is slowly getting better and continues to improve.  I know it really, really made me more appreciative of being able to walk.

Joseph Campbell

willingtohelp

I will keep your son in my prayers. 

luise.volta

Ouch! Ouch! What a nasty!!!

I am hoping that your son heals completely when given a chance. What a strange accident to have someone fall on you! Awful. Prayers continuing. Too much has happened to the boy, too soon!Sending love...

Hope

Pooh,
I felt the pain in your post.  You are suffering along with your son.  I wish your son a quick and full recovery.  Prayers are flying up right away.
Hugs, Hope

Hope

I just wanted to add that your son is very brave, Pooh.  He may have saved a life or lives by holding back the other soldier from falling down on top everyone below him on the stairway.  It could have been a dominoes effect and been catastrophic.  God bless him!  Hugs, Hope

cremebrulee

would also like to send along my prayers and thoughts, for your son...hope all goes well for him....

Hugs
Creme

Pooh

Ok, now I am angry.  Help me out here before I say something ugly!

My ex father-in-law just called and blessed me out for not telling him what was going on with his grandson!  Then my ex mother-in-law calls right behind him wanting to know!  I had put something on my facebook to ask our friends and family to pray for my son as well.  Apparently, my DIL read it, and passed on the information to my ex in-laws.

Why am I angry?  Because his father has not called, text, sent a card, letter or anything to check on his son while he has been stationed in this training since February!  My son told me on the phone Friday that he had not heard from his father since he had been there.  Neither has his brother!  And instead of calling me after reading it on facebook, they went running to my ex's family telling them about it and now I am having to take the calls!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joseph Campbell