March 28, 2024, 04:34:36 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

In honor of college football..... :)

Started by Pooh, August 30, 2013, 12:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Since college football started back last night and gets into full swing this weekend.....I thought this was appropriate for today and YES, I am blonde! Ha ha...

A guy decides to bring his new blonde girlfriend to a football game. After the game is over, he asks her if she liked the game.

She replies: "Oh it was great, I loved watching those men in tight clothes, but there is one thing I don't understand."

"What did you not understand ?"

The blonde says: "Well, at the beginning of the game, both teams flipped a quarter and one team got it. Then the rest of the game everybody was yelling get the quarter back, get the quarter back, get the quarter back.

So I thought to myself, all this fuss over twenty-five cents......
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Whitney

Ha ha, Pooh!  Good one.  I'm blonde, too, but haven't heard that one...also, it was refreshing to come on this site and get a chuckle :)
Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
(Voltaire  1694 - 1778)

elsieshaye

Hee!  I'm a brunette (now with new and improved "glitter highlights" aka grey, lol) and I feel very much the same way about it!  So, how come all those cute guys in tight pants line up in rows, run at each other, stop moving for no readily apparent reason, and then line up again to do it all over again?  Soccer is much easier to understand!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

luise.volta

I always have the same positive attitude toward team sports and hope that the touchdown gets the puck in the basket. Yay! :-)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

Pooh

I prefer to call them "wisdom" highlights :)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

One of my husband's many positive attributes is that he does not watch football! I've never been able to figure out that game, even though I'm not a blonde. Love soccer!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

My experience with Soccer....our team started it's 1st girl's soccer team my Senior year, and the new coach conned a bunch of us softball players into playing to get it started.  I knew nothing about soccer.  He explained to me that he was going to give me a position at forward because he was so confident in my abilities and I could score goals as well.  I was glowing and beaming in that honor....untillllll.....I figured out I had to do all the running!!!!!

I spent the rest of the year begging to be a back....
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

Quote from: Pooh on September 03, 2013, 10:50:57 AMI spent the rest of the year begging to be a back....

I hated sports in school, and when we had to play anything with an outfield, I was as far away from the game as possible while still being on school property, lol.  DS played soccer, and preferred to be the goalie.  Much less running, but many more cleats to the face - he thought that was a totally fair trade.