March 28, 2024, 12:01:43 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Another Grandbaby on the way :)

Started by Pooh, August 19, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieDarling

From on MiMi to another ,Congrats on the new grandchild. Our ODS is deploying again in a few days. This is the 4th time. But it's the only time he's dreaded it and not wanting to go. They had their 1st child last Nov. he is a hands on Daddy and so in love with him.
Thank your son for his sacrifice .

Pooh

Thank you and same to you.  Skype has been wonderful for them when they were separated and it will be again next year.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

DixieDarling

elsieshaye

Woo Hoo, Pooh!!! :D  Congratulations!!!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Quote from: luise.volta on December 06, 2013, 05:16:10 PM
Picture, please!  8)

You are going to have to wait until it's born!  Lol.  They just found out it's a boy.  Not due until April.  :)
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

YAY! A beautiful son for DIL!!!!  Pooh, I only hope that your example of love and respect will carry over into your GS lives and they will keep their mom in their hearts and lives as they choose a bride and start a family.   Blessings to you and your growing family!!!!

luise.volta

Oh, that's so funny! I date back to 'It's a Boy' being a birth announcement! Woops! :D :D :D

Pooh

Yeah, I didn't think about it until you commented and then went "Duh!" it looks like I announced his birth!

FL, I hope they both remain close with their Mom.  She and YS are doing great as parents!  They will be here in 8 days!  I can't wait!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

How is DIL doing, physically? I know she had a really rough time the first time around.

Pooh

Health wise, she is doing fine but she has been extremely sick this go around.  Looks like she lucked up and got perpetual morning sickness, all day, every day this time.  Bless her.  Last time she did well up to the last couple of months and then her placenta started giving out early.  Turned out fine but they took him a couple of weeks early. 
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, now I remember. And do I ever remember the 'nausea for 9 months' trip! Beyond awful!