March 28, 2024, 11:12:55 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Another Grandbaby on the way :)

Started by Pooh, August 19, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Well I got good news yesterday.  My YS/DIL that I get along with (military) are expecting again.  GS is only 8 months old, so they will be really close in age.  My YS pointed out to me that it would be the same age difference as him and his bother...what's that....apple falling not far from the tree thing?

I'm very excited for them but of course worried for her as to all her medical issues last time taking it's toll on the pregnancy.  Of course DH said, "Well, I guess we better start turning the office into a GS room, cause you know he's scheduled to go back out on deployment one more time!"  Ha ha.....poor DH, he's such a good fellow.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

WOW! That's news! Congratulations! Good luck to one and all and I agree that your guy of yours is a Prince! :-)))
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

He is!  They haven't asked but from the timing of this, he would literally be due to be deployed again the month of birth or within a few days after.  I would say we will eventually get the request to have her come stay with us again.  This time, with a newborn and 1 1/2 year old in tow!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Congratulations, Pooh! Wow, better buckle up buttercup, lol.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

freespirit

The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

Pooh

Ha Ha!  That's MiMi!!! Ain't no Grandmaws around here!
Joseph Campbell

Sarah

Congratulations on the newest little one to be! :)

ohmama

Congratulations and Good luck to everyone involved.!!

Didi.lost

Congrats Pooh and yes buckle up.  Sounds like fun though.  Enjoy

Pooh

Thanks everyone.  It is official as of right this moment, she will be coming back here for the birth.  YS will be deploying again about 6 weeks before the birth and her Doctor said she could come back here to have it, IF she left as soon as he deployed to travel back.  So we will have her for a total of about 3 months this time, along with 1 year old GS! :)

She has asked both me and her Mother to come into the delivery room with her and YS's Sgt. says they will get him on Skype so he can be there in some way.
Joseph Campbell

freespirit

;D  You must be in grandmother heaven!  Congratulations! Wishing you above all things a harmonious time with the little ones and the parents.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

Pooh

I am!  They will be here to visit in December and DIL and YS have been posting videos for me to see constantly on Facebook.  I sure do miss the little booger.
Joseph Campbell

firelight

Congratulations!  I'm still grandbaby drunk over here myself! 

Your DH is fabulous!  If I start talking that way, my DH gets a glazed over, distant look in his eyes...ha

What I find especially wonderful is your DIL has invited you in the delivery room.  That is very special and not all DIL would offer up that invite....usually reserved for their mom if lucky.  Blessings to you and your family, Pooh!  Too bad your YS has to be absent for this, but your DIL is fortunate to have this lovely support system. 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~