March 28, 2024, 11:09:38 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Acronyms and Initialisms Definitions

Started by Pooh, May 19, 2010, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I consider myself a fairly intelligent woman.  Now I find myself on some of the threads scratching my head at some of the acronyms and Initialisms.  I have figured out most of them but I will admit, a few of them are throwing me for a loop.  Its like texting with my teenage daughter...I got most of them down pat, but some of them I still don't have a clue. 

So please help initiate me into the world of WiseWomenUnite slang....

For example, here are some I get:  DIL - Daughter-in-law, SIL - Son-in-law, MIL - Mother-in-law, FIL - Father-in-law. GC - Grandchild, GS - Grandson, GD - Granddaughter

Ok...help on the rest!  :P
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

I don't know all of them either, but I do know these:

FOO = family of origin
IMHO = in my humble opinion
IMO = in my opinion
BTW = by the way
ROTFL = rolling on the floor laughing
SS = stepson
SD = stepdaughter
SM = stepmother
SF = stepfather

That's all I can think of right now.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Oooh...big help!  I couldn't figure out the FOO one to save my life!  Lol. (Laughs out Loud) Hee hee
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Thanks Pen

I couldnt figure out either the FOO. 
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare