March 29, 2024, 04:33:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Long Time, no check in...UPDATE on our status!

Started by JaneF, July 04, 2013, 01:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

Jane, I would still go to my Congressman's office for help with this.  I'm not too sure about State agencies, but I do know that federal agencies nearly pee in their pants when they get a congressional inquiry.  Sounds like you really need some intervention for your grandchildren.  I know you are doing everything to not make a big mess, but it seems like the agency you're dealing with is power crazy.  They're supposed to be working for the best interest of the children, not putting their grandparents thru a Nazi training camp.  Don't they have any other children who need their attention?

JaneF

FAFE, thank you so much...you made me laugh in spite of myself about the Nazi thing!  lol  I have every intention of contacting congressman, attorney general and who ever else I can get to listen, trust me!  I just simply have not had the time with working, taking care of the DFS demands, and appointments etc.  I really want to file a formal complaint about the man caseworker the most though, he made this granny MAD!  I have the perfect family DFS nEEDS to be doing something about actually!  My ex son in law, who is my grandsons biological father, is sadly also a terrible drug addict.  He uses IV (meth) mostly.  His health is almost totally destroyed now and my best guess is he will be lucky to survive to be 35 years old.  He is 32 now.  He lives in a house with his mother, his aunt, his half sister, a half brother, and a couple he dragged home a few months back during a stay at the Salvation Army...plus there are 3 little nieces and nephews in this home ages 5, 3, 1.  The entire bunch of these people (excluding the children) are raging addicts.  They use IV drugs, among pill popping.  They all smoke cigarettes like crazy and sell their food stamps for more drugs and smokes.  I have heard the conversations when my ex son in law was visiting the grandchildren in foster care myself.  They also sell and trade the FREE government handout cell phones with FREE 250 minutes a month on them, and they all live on either welfare and disability or have no income at all.  No joke.  THEN he told me a few days ago that the little kids are filthy because their mother (his half sister) has been on a meth high for 4 days without sleep, and they have messed in their britches, and they all had to have heads shaved due to head lice!  I am just shocked at this.  He told me he knows someone that planned to hot line this situation...and I hope they do.  But here they are giving me this unecessary grief, when a year and a half ago they gave me these same two children to care for when my daughter had them out of her care!  Nothing has changed in that year and a half with me or my husband, so it is uncalled for.  I may use just that example when I begin calling or writing to my congressman and whoever else will hear me!  THAT is where DFS needs to be, not here trying to bully me.  Good grief.  J