April 25, 2024, 06:05:17 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I called CPS on my daughter

Started by marty, June 18, 2013, 07:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

long story short, i rec'd a phone call from my grandson on the verge of tears and scared.  boyfriend threw my daughter on the bed by her hair, grandson tried to stop, boyfriend threw my grandson against the wall.  i rec'd a text from my daughter telling me to never contact her again.  i called cps bc i do not live in the same town as she does and i wanted an intervenor.  well, i'm the bad person.  then i rec'd a bill wherein i allowed my daughter to use cable in my name.  she ran the bill up to $470.00.  and refuses to pay for it.., i'm left holding the bag for that one.  again, i'm the bad person.  the real father will be sent to prison soon.., my granddaughter is staying with him until he leaves.  he has voiced his interest in me taking my granddaughter.  but he is not the custodial parent.  i want custody of my granddaughter and wld like an ad litem to interview her.  i'm not a perfect mother, never said i was, i would never allow someone to hurt my children/grandchildren or children for that matter. 

Didi.lost

So sorry you are going through this.  My fate is very similar although I supported my ex son in law in his
custody case for his son from my DD.  She wants nothing to do with me anymore.

You are not a bad person.  We may not have been perfect parents but we did the best we could.
You did what you thought was right at the time.  I can see how bad you felt the situation was and something
needed to be done.

Your daughter still has her son.....right?  She needs to protect him from a boyfriend like that.  Is this boyfriend
a drinker or on drugs?  That is terrible.  Good for you for looking out for your GC

Pen

Marty, welcome to the site. Please take a moment to read the pink-highlighted items under Open Me First on the home page. We ask this of all new members to make sure the site is a good fit.

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope your GS and DS are safe.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Welcome - And I hope you find some solace here. It was a tough call, but the only one available to you..that's my take. All of us  here take comfort in the fact that we did our best when we were raising our families and dealing with life. I know you did, too. Blessings, Luise.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Welcome and you will find support here.  You're not a bad person.  You did the right thing to protect your GS.  I hope they follow through with the investigation.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

marty

Thank you all for your support, I truly appreciate the advice and concerns.  Unity!