March 28, 2024, 08:26:53 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Words of Wisdom

Started by Keys Girl, June 12, 2013, 06:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

luise.volta

Interesting about the earth worms! Kinda' embarrassing...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

"Do less of the things that make you feel bad and more of the things that make you feel good." Makes perfect sense unless we're one of the "less of" things!

I think my DIL does this - seeing us makes her feel bad (not because we do anything, just because she doesn't like us), so she does less of it. Hence, we see less of DS which makes us feel bad. However, we can't do less of that since it's not something we actually do, it's something we have to put up with. Too bad DIL doesn't feel bad about hating us, lol.

But I've changed my eating habits completely by remembering how gross I feel when I eat certain foods and have greatly improved my health. I'm finally as wise as an earthworm and it only took 6 decades!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

I really liked the one about telling my truth, even if I worry that the other person will be angry with me.
This too shall pass.  All is well.