March 29, 2024, 08:32:13 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My granddaughter told a secret

Started by Mary Jane Elliott, May 18, 2010, 04:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Jane Elliott

Hi All,
I am just going to write a little bit because the other day I wrote a huge long post and when i hit "post" it gave me an error!!  So today, I just want to say that my youngest  GD told a secret and now my whole family is in turmoil.  Please help!!  If I get a reply, I will explain.

Louey0727

Dear Broken Hearted:
I cannot see where you previously wrote a lengthy post.

I do not know about the other ladies - - if they saw a post from you.

Helen0214

Marilyn

Welcome broken hearted,what was the secret?We will try to help you the best we can.

Sending a hug

luise.volta

Oh, I have done that. Off it goes, poof...into the either when you spend hours writing it! I'm so sorry. Yes, we are here and we car. Please give it another try. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Marilyn

I have had that happen also............but i think i figured out why.

When you click on post,it will tell you that there has been some other replys..........so i click on post again,and before i try to go back to another post i make sure it still does not say .........there have been other replys.Some times i have had to click post three times,before the warning message is gone.If you dont wait to see if that warning is cleared away after you click post,i think you lose it.

I think this is what it is,so far i haven't lost any more post.

Pooh

I have had that happen twice to me since I joined the other day, so I finally found a cheat way.  I actually use WORD to write my post and then copy and paste it into here.  That way if it bombs, I still have it to copy and paste again.  When I am done, I simply close WORD without saving it!  I'm such a cheater.......

I wish she would come back and tell us the rest of the story.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

OK, Brokenhearted, you're on!  ;D  Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I just want to send support, Broken. It doesn't really matter what the circumstances are and if you're not ready to share, or can't for some reason, that's OK...we're here for you anyway. It sounds like you're going through a tough time. Best wishes to you.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Hope

Brokenhearted,
Sorry to hear you had trouble losing your first post.  That's happened to me before, too, and I know how exhausting it is if you spent a lot of time and thought creating the lost post.  I like Pooh's idea - to first create your post in Word and after you post successfully, you can just delete the Word document.  We are hear to support you.
Take care.  Hope