March 28, 2024, 12:26:54 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Having A Bad Day

Started by luise.volta, May 09, 2013, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Hey Elsie, good to see you again!

I'm doing ok as far as feeling alright.  Right now, just trying to hold it all together and get through all the tests.  I was actually coming here to post about my follow-up ENT appointment today.  They had said on the phone everything was ok with the results but wanted to see me.  I thought that was odd but was thinking he just wants to go over what we are doing now...like keep doing the ultrasounds yearly...blah blah blah.

So not it.  Come to find out, he wanted to go over what they did find.  The pathologist report (his words) was nothing that he had ever seen.  In plain terms, the pathologist wrote that although he couldn't say it was cancer, he honestly did not know what it was.  What bothered him was what wasn't there.  He said they should have seen thyroid hormones and thyroid material in the sample around the nodule.  There is nothing there. 

ENT said he has never seen that happen and doesn't know what to make of it.  Normally, it's either cancer or inconclusive and so they take it out.  Or it's ok, and they just monitor and leave it alone.  He said that 50% of him wants to go ahead and do surgery and remove it because they can't tell him what it's made of.  Then the other 50% of him says he doesn't want to, because it's behind a major gland and it's very small.

The pathologist and radiologist both recommended to wait 4 months and perform another needle biopsy to see if they could identify it, and he said although he has never had them recommend a second one, he thinks at this time that would be the conservative approach to go with. 

Seriously?  Can I not do anything normal?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

It's not fun to be a trailblazer when it involves biopsies.  I'm sorry, Pooh.  How frustrating!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Footloose

....and the sample may have been compromised as well.  Dear Pooh, please try not to worry until u know for sure.  I kno, easy for me to say, right?

Remember, u have a much greater chance that it is just another benign thing that makes u unique and special rather than something worse. 

p.s. Normal is Boring:)

Pen

Pooh, I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts for a the most boring, normal outcome there is :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

GrandmaM

The Grim Reaper has been lurking over my brother-in-law for a couple of years... My sister-in-law for about a year and her husband for about 6 months... Today, it showed its face to my husband... If the routine lab results are correct... We don't have much more time together... Will know more tomorrow... Tomorrow seems so far away right now... I am numb.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

GrandmaM

Thank you, luise. You are the best!

I'm usually a firm believer in "things happen for a reason."

This site is great, don't get me wrong... And I hope that today's news from the doctor's offiice is a mistake and that it is not the reason that I was guided here.., On the other hand, if it is the reason, I think it would be a great blessing.

Note to myself... I am thinking rather than feeling.

GrandmaM

The lab results were read wrong... Hallelujah!!

Footloose

Great news!  YAHOOOOOOO!!!

Pooh

Wow!  I'm very glad but what a scare!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

:D :D :D JUMPING UP AND DOWN, HERE...I'M SERIOUS! WOWSER!!!!!!  :D :D :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama