March 28, 2024, 03:06:51 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

You are not going to believe this.......

Started by JaneF, May 04, 2013, 02:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneF

Hi ladies, long time no visit.  Been wild here, but such is life.  The grandaughter now has her braces on, and she is doing fine.  Here is the latest drama in my life.  My daughter that has given me many, many moments of grief and pain, has actually gone above and beyond this time!  lol  Sad to say.  Ready????  She and her husband were arrested this week for having a meth lab in their home...the same home where my 2 grandsons reside...sheesh.  I about fell over dead with shock.  The boys are in foster home many hours drive from here.  There are 7 charges filed for each of them, and 6 are felonies, one misdemeanor...one is a class A felony for having meth lab within 2000 feet of school or bus stop for school.  My best guess is they are facing prison time...but they earned it!  I feel so sad for the boys.  But are you ready for the next shocker???  Guess how the idiots got busted?  MY NINE YEAR OLD GRANDSON REPORTED IT!!  LOL  Unreal.  Poor little boys have had such a rough childhood.  I immediately called child protective services and reminded them that the last time I spoke to them I said I would be calling them back when my grandsons were harmed or put into a worse dangerous situation...and I would say "I TOLD YOU SO".  That gives me no pleasure.  They know I am angry.  At this time I have chosen not to go get the children.  Some may judge me harshly for this.  However, the first thing that came out of the social workers mouth basically was that they planned to set a goal of reunification for my daughter and her sons!  I plan to wait and see what comes of the charges and court dates etc before I choose my next move.  The bond for each one of the idiots is $100,000 CASH ONLY, no bail bondsman, CASH all of the amount!  Well, even if bond was set for a nickel I would refuse to pay it.  They will stay there until court...then if they get prison like I am guessing I will address the issue about the grandsons.  To be honest we are in the process of selling our big house and planned to downsize.  We are not getting any younger, husband is diabetic and we have had way too much on our plate for far too long now.  We have to cut back.  I am hoping that the boys can be moved to our county or the county closest to us, but go to a family that has the ability to care for these fellas who now have a whole lot of emotional and behavioral problems...gee wonder why???  Grrrr.  I have to try to do what is best for THEM, not for me.  They need us to be there to support and love them, see them often, but need to be helped by folks trained to help children with these issues.  It may be their only chance in life...lets hope this happens.  Time will tell I suppose.  Nothing is set in stone at this time, I plan to take things one day at a time.  That is all I can do.  My daughter is mad at me right now because I won't help her, or accept collect calls, and because I told her she is selfish and only cares about herself.  Guess she didn't like to hear the facts.  So for now she refuses to even sign releases giving me the ability to speak to the childrens lawyer or family services to find out how they are or talk to the boys.  I am betting she will sign releases at some point though.  I refuse to cave to her emotional black mail.  They both need to pay the price for their choices.  I only hope they learn from it, BUT...not holding my breath!  I will update when I know something, and thanks for allowing me to vent.  AGAIN.   J ::)

elsieshaye

((((((Jane)))))) It must be so hard to watch this happen, but the fact that there is now intervention for your daughter and her kids is positive. 
This too shall pass.  All is well.

nikncon

Hi Jane.Feel so bad for GC. Hope that they can be in your county but in a stable and loving home.They deserve it.Good luck.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pen

Thinking of you and the GC, Jane. I'll be sending good thoughts towards the best possible outcome.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Keys Girl

Jane, your grandson is one brave little boy.  You must be proud of him. 

As for your daughter being mad at you, good for you for not giving in to her emotional blackmail. 

I'll keep you and your grandsons in my prayers and hope that they are moved to a county near you.  Take care,

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Evalyn

Hello Jane You have had such a rough ride. I do hope the Social Services will drop the idea of reconciling the boys with their parents. I don't know how old they have to be, before they are allowed to have a say in what happens to them.
I hope and pray the right decisions will be made. Your grandson deserves a bravery medal.
Love Evalyn

Beth 2011

Hi Jane,

You are in my thoughts, stay strong for yourself and GC after the dust settles, wishing you peace. 

fangle

I'm thinking of you and your GC.  I hope that your D and SIL can get the help they need, but that is their problem.  Hang in there. xo

Pooh

I truly hope they find a loving family for those dear boys.  I can't tell you how upsetting it is to me to find children in a home of meth addicts.  Everything used to produce it is so horrible and harmful to those children to even be in the same house with it. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

fangle

I have actually been thinking about your GC a lot since I read your post and I just can't get over what a horrible situation they were in.  I just wanted to send my loving thoughts your way to pass on to them.  I am relieved that they are safe and out of that situation now. xo

freespirit

IN all of this, maybe your Grandsons will have a real chance to live a more healthy normal life. I wish the very best for them, and pray you continue to be strong and determined.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

confusedbyinlaws

I'm so sorry.  What a heartbreaking situation.    My heart goes out to those kids.  I'm glad they were arrested so that the kids could be taken into safety.  Methamphetamine is such a horrible drug and extremely addictive.  I attended a conference where a young woman got up and talked about her previous methamphetamine addiction and how when she was using she didn't care about anything else even her kids.  But she got help through the courts once she was arrested and is now in recovery.  I hope that happens for your daughter. 
I think you are doing the right thing by not helping your daughter right now.