March 28, 2024, 09:11:20 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

WWU Members' Perpetual Fantasy Cruise Begun Mother's Day 2013

Started by luise.volta, April 13, 2013, 08:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillycache

Quote from: nikncon on May 02, 2013, 04:21:39 AM
Well MD  will be here soon so we need something really crazy on this cruise.Any more great  ideas?? I'm packing already.Don't forget the camera[move 8)

Camera??   Are we really sure we want all of it captured on film?  What if the kids see the pics?   :o

nikncon

Who cares what the "kids"s think?? We can have a lot of fun too right???    :)))

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

I'm looking at the floor plan of the cruise ship and the descriptions in the brochure. Wow! A whole "Magic" deck where anything thing we want to happen does happen. OMG! I may be in there instead of my private suite with a balcony, if anyone is looking for me. It says...we can drop weight, pick up a new wardrobe, date our hero there. Whatever! Lets see...130 pounds , in new Alfred Dunners with Jimmy Stewart, I think. Well, for the first day...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Lillycache

Oh wow....  I'm 5'8" and 130 pounds.. I look 35, but I know what I know now..   AND... ummm.. that handsome blue eyed  auburn haired hunk with his arm around my shoulder as we look out over the moonlit ocean.. ...   Did I mention he is absolutely crazy for me?   lol!!!   Hey.. It's my fantasy.. 

luise.volta

Pooh

I have ordered everyone flowers, strawberries dipped in chocolate and balloons with a banner that reads "What happens on the LIDO deck, stays on the LIDO deck!".  You will find them in your suites when you arrive.  :)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

nikncon

Is that what we are wearing??? The banners??.hehe...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

I am so excited about going! We are going to rock! (Well, not enough to get seasick!)  ???

Lillycache

Quote from: luise.volta on May 07, 2013, 03:39:04 PM
I am so excited about going! We are going to rock! (Well, not enough to get seasick!)  ???

I was worried about that because I have always had a problem with seasickness... However, I was just reading in the brochure that this ship has ultra sized stabilizers and you can hardly feel it rock... PLUS... a special additive is placed in the air filters that prevents any and all motion sickness.. so it won't be a problem at all.

Pooh

And the good news is that if you do start feeling a bit queasy, the ship Doctor, who looks like a younger Sean Connery but has the voice of James Earl Jones, has an immediate cure that works instantly and then will check in on you the rest of the cruise. :)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I'm so glad to know that, Pooh! I am practicing the fake-seasick thing in anticipation. Are you sure he doesn't look like a younger Clark Gable with the voice of Errol Flynn?

Lillycache

Hmmmm..... "Imediate cure"...  Is THAT what they're calling that now...   ;D

Stilllearning

I am so happy to be going on this cruise with you!!  My DH who is wonderful in most ways, loves boats but hates crowds so in spite of my longing for the cruise experience he has absolutely refused.  I thought I would never be able to take one!!  So I look forward to my banner and thank you so much for the flowers and strawberries Pooh!!  Does anyone know where I sign up for the massage?  And by the way....I think the LIDO is where you will find me....where ever and whatever that is!!  Love it.....and I really have a problem with motion sickness (hehe)!
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown

luise.volta

You sign up for the massage here.  :D  I just handled it by checking Amenities..."Yes." Then I will pick and choose unless I get so attached to my private deck and room service that I don't venture forth. Oh, silly me, I can have the massage in my suite!  I'm really getting excited! See 'ya! :D :D

Lillycache

Well, I think I will be able to fill up my time with visits to that "Magic Deck"    ;D