March 28, 2024, 01:51:32 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DIL and I are just totally different people

Started by Pooh, May 17, 2010, 10:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

almost forgot,  when he was a child he could make yummy  chocolate cakes.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

My DIL is smart, focused, ambitious, well-organized, passionately loyal to her FOO, adoring of DS, and beautiful.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

neecee

I am praying for guidance in how to live without this part of our lives.  I know we can and we are fine; but the bitterness was still choking me.

I spoke to my other DIL, who is a lovely soul and she thought I should spiritualy send all the love I would have given them and their children, who are about 18 mos old. I do this in meditation/prayer.

I imagine a quiet lake with a small open boat.  I see the children on the other side of the lake and put all the kisses and love into the boat and send it across the water.  Even if the children do not know where the love comes from, they will receive it.  It gives me great joy to send the love to them. I even imagine kissing their little ears and feet and it is a great relief of all this energy.

I ask their guardian angels to protect them, and help them and give them peace.  I no longer imagine what I would say to them, if i were to have a chance.

Thanks for listening.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Hope

Quote from: neecee on July 27, 2010, 10:42:37 AM
I am praying for guidance in how to live without this part of our lives.  I know we can and we are fine; but the bitterness was still choking me.

I spoke to my other DIL, who is a lovely soul and she thought I should spiritualy send all the love I would have given them and their children, who are about 18 mos old. I do this in meditation/prayer.

I imagine a quiet lake with a small open boat.  I see the children on the other side of the lake and put all the kisses and love into the boat and send it across the water.  Even if the children do not know where the love comes from, they will receive it.  It gives me great joy to send the love to them. I even imagine kissing their little ears and feet and it is a great relief of all this energy.

I ask their guardian angels to protect them, and help them and give them peace.  I no longer imagine what I would say to them, if i were to have a chance.

Thanks for listening.
Neecee,
Welcome!  I'm happy for you that you have found a way to release all the bottled up love you store away for your gc.  It seems so cruel to keep good gp from their gc - and what good does it do anyone?  I will NEVER understand it.  You sound like such a loving gp and I certainly hope that one day soon you will be reunited.
Hugs, Hope