March 28, 2024, 11:50:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Tough Day......Looking For Some Support

Started by Keys Girl, April 10, 2013, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

Lavender, what a smart cookie you are......I'll follow up with that.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated.

Pooh and Luise, thanks for keeping me in mind.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Lavender

That is my pleasure KG!  Gosh, I just can't imagine why someone would do that; but like Luise has said many times 'you can't make sense of the senseless'.  You are fighting the good fight for yourself and I am here in your corner.  Sometimes in life justice doesn't come easy and being safe is more important IMO, so whatever you do, I hope that you take care of yourself and find time in your days somehow to relax.  xo

Keys Girl

Quote from: Pooh on August 12, 2013, 12:12:43 PM
Oh geesh...not only a thief, but a perverted thief. 

Are you allowed to have pets?  I'm thinking a big ole' Rottweiler right now just might be the ticket.

So sorry, KG.  Mean people suck.

I have found out over the last few days that even though my lease says "No Dogs"......the provincial regulations over ride that and I can have a dog.

I'm looking into "borrowing", adopting or fostering a nice big Rottie, and the next time the prowlers come in, well, he could introduce himself to whoever is rummaging around in my stuff.

If I can get a photo of the dog "meeting" the perp, I'll post it here.

Stay tuned......looking for dog names.......

KG

luise.volta

KG - I think they may need to be specially trained. I have two friends with "Rots" and they would kiss a burglar and show him where the silver was.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Stilllearning

Louise, even though your friend's "rots" are sweet there are few burglars who would count on it.  If they hear a big dog they avoid it.  Actually if they hear a dog at all most of the time they will choose another place!  Even small dogs are loud, arouse suspicion and provide an annoyance that most thieves would prefer not to encounter.  I would get a dog that is not aggressive but sounds an alarm and maybe  tell my neighbors that he/she is mean.  Word will get around but you do not have to worry about possible injuries to people you like.   
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown

luise.volta

That would work, "if." However, both of my friends dogs don't bark...they stand at the dog wagging their tails. Just thought I should share that.

Pen

KG, I feel like putting a protective bubble around you, projecting it towards you mentally that is. So here goes...please be safe. I hope this gets resolved ASAP!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I have found that the smaller dogs do make more noise.  My Chihuahua that I had once was the loudest and people were actually more scared of her :)

KG, get a dog and then post one of these in your front window or door:

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Of course, my hubby keeps threatening to buy one of these and post outside....but we're a gun family.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Keys Girl

Thanks everyone, Pen, I felt like I was in your bubble all day......I've gone to visit some friends and it's nice to be able to relax.  I'm going to take a week to chill out and then I'll go back to seeing how I can resolve this problem.

luise.volta

Keys Girl

Having such a good time, I've decided to make it 2-3 weeks!

KG

luise.volta

Wonderful!  ;D  Thank goodness you didn't have to look up "Having a good time..." in the dictionary! (You didn't, did you?) You must feel like you just got out of jail! Don't go back, OK? I have no how you could swing that but there must be a way! Sending love...

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Keys Girl

I am spending some of the time with my friends planning exactly and when I will be moving my possessions out of the new apartment that has been the playground of some people who have pathetic lives and are jealous of anyone who doesn't.  Not my problem.

I'll go back eventually, pack up, store the furniture until I find a new place or decide where exactly I want to live.  It's been an undeserved and thoroughly malicious set of circumstances, but I've alerted all the financial institutions, the police (who has been about as helpful as an empty bucket) and found some new and valuable information and have had my computers firewalls tightened up as far as they can go.

I've done everything I can and if anyone should decide to try to actually use a credit card number or anything like that, the banks, etc. will send their investigators to check out the perps.  Those people will be far more helpful than an empty bucket, I know.

I don't know how much will be gone from my apartment whenever I go back, I did photograph everything I owned in case I need to process an insurance claim, I suspect a lot of small stuff will be taken, too small to bother with a claim but enough to add to the bites that they've already taken out of me.  They have stolen/picked every lock that I have in the place, so I went out and bought coloured cable ties to secure the suitcases where the most important things are.  I vary the colour of the cable ties every day and lock the package into the suitcase.  Hopefully they will be too lazy to try to find another package of the coloured ties, I bought the last one at the local hardware store.

It's been brutal and it's not over, but make no mistake, while they may be pushing me around even if I arrive home to my apartment and it's totally empty, I'm fine and I've pared down my possessions and I'm nowhere near as attached to my stuff as I was when I was a lot younger. 

I am the master of my fate, as the old saying goes (Invictus) and when this is all over, I will be much better off because of it.  Those clowns will have given me a reason to move to another city or much warmer country (that IS an option, I only found out during this process) where I'll be happier, I'll find a nicer apartment and I'll have enough material for a book and a screenplay.  I'll use the address of the building as the title.  Make as much $$$ as I can to offset the hits that I've taken and more that might be to come.

I do have a plan that I will share with you down the line that might help to defray some of the costs of paying rent for 10 months and not living there.  The only real drawback is the handsome single man with the cute dog who lives in the building that I met a few days ago, what a cutie. 

Onwards and upwards, and yes it was just like getting out of jail.  It's so wonderful to be able to relax and read a book and know that I don't have to be on guard around the clock.  Thank you to everyone,

KG