March 28, 2024, 03:58:29 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What have you done for yourself today?

Started by fangle, March 21, 2013, 06:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangle

I thought it might be an interesting idea to at least for one day try to hold us to account to be nice to ourselves.

I'll start - Today I made time for myself and did my nails before I got ready and left for the morning.  This evening I intend to make time for myself go to watch the sun go down. 

Wishing you all the best! xo

luise.volta

Lovely! Today I rook the bus to my fitness center, Curves...for the first time this week. I have many friends there and had a wonderful time.  :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nikncon

Today I went to a luncheon with some friends  The theme was 50's .I wore a poodle skirt and bobby socks :D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

fangle

Luise, what a fun and energetic thing to do!  Nikncon, that sounds like a riot, amazing! xo

Pooh

Oh what fun!  I'm chiming in late, so I haven't had a chance to do anything yet today except go to work! Lol.  A month ago, I was asked to help coach a 9-10 year old girls softball team.  I played for 32 years and coached for 8, but I haven't done it in the last 8 years.  It's been tons of fun to do it again and the girls are so funny.

So we are supposed to have our first game tonight, but the weather isn't cooperating.  So that would be what I am going to do for myself today, enjoy coaching and the company of 13 girls that like to laugh.  If we get rained out, then I will spend the evening with DH doing something fun.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

:D It's a new day. I'm making myself blueberry oatmeal!  :D

freespirit

:) What a nice positive topic! Today I played golf for the first time this year. The sun was shining but there was an icy wind. So I played a lousy game,...but still it felt wonderful to breath in the fresh crisp air, walk briskly, and hit that ball in all the wrong directions. hahaha...it was a good day. :D
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

LadyStar

I got myself an order of Coconut Shrimp and a wonderful Calzone!!! So good and there goes the diet!!!   LOL

Pen

Love this thread! This morning I was amazed to see all the native trees in bloom, I was afraid I'd missed it while out of state in rain & snow (brrr!) all last week. I made a cup of wonderful coffee, went outside & took a deep breath of (warmer) spring air. Glorious!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I sat in my living room for SIX HOURS and visited with a dear friend who came up from Seattle. :-)))))))))))))))))))))

fangle

All great things! I did a spot of gardening in the afternoon as the sun was setting. xo

elsieshaye

I love this thread!

I started a Meetup group in my neighborhood for crocheting/knitting - first meeting was yesterday, and two people actually showed up!  There are also people signed up for next week.  So much fun!

And today, I spent a little bit of time in the morning listening to an uplifting audio book, and did a whole half an hour of meditation.  It snowed last night and this morning, and I focused on the trees, which looked magical, instead of the slush on the sidewalk, lol.  A good day.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

FAFE

DH and I made our 2 1/2 yr old GD an "Easter egg" tree!  It is right outside my window so I can look at it while I'm on the computer.  DH is working tomorrow so it's going to be all about me!

luise.volta

Took the bus to Curves (I don't drive any more) and had a great time. I do that every day but it's still a treat.  :D

nikncon

I went to Walmart and walked around for an hour and bought a few things.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter