March 28, 2024, 03:20:49 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What have you done for yourself today?

Started by fangle, March 21, 2013, 06:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangle

Pen and Pooh, you both gave me a good laugh, thanks! xo

luise.volta

I just finished a Jo Dunning Webinar. Wow!  :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

FAFE

Today I am trying to pack for a week in Myrtle Beach, SC.  We meet a couple in November on a cruise and they invited us to meet them there (they have a timeshare and we have our own space) for the week.  We had a lot in common with them, so we are looking forward to it. 

luise.volta

That sounds wonderful, F! Have a fabulous time!

Today my son, and our Webmaster, is coming to take me out to eat and to shop a little. They moved back over to Washington State last fall after living on Kauai for 17 years...and I just love that they are only 45 minutes away...instead of in the middle of the Pacific.  :)

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Made New Friends today:  Met a mentally challenged woman on the bus to Curves. She liked my Community Transit Card holder and extension wrist bracelet, so I offered to send her one. She couldn't write when I handed her paper and pen, but she knew her address. She wanted four but wasn't sure that was enough, so I am sending her seven and one of my extension bracelets. (I had to buy a whole box of them when I only wanted one.)

A Spanish American guy on the same bus got a real kick out of my having to get a whole box of them. He said he has to wear glasses from all the years of reading small print! LOL!

Keys Girl

April 04, 2013, 06:15:07 PM #36 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:20:28 PM by luise.volta
I put myself on a really strict budget about 5 years ago and rented an apartment in a building without an elevator.  My apartment is on the third floor at the end of two long hallways which was the best thing I could find at the time and the stairs were good exercise.

I've recently developed some problems in my feet, likely plantar faschitis.  (Fancy term for "The Soles of My Feet Hurt Like Blazes.")  Dragging my groceries up a few dozen steps has always been a hassle, but it's been so much worse in the last few weeks because my feet aren't as strong as they used to be.

Today I went out to look at a couple of new apartments (with elevators)!! and hope to be able to move into one sometime this summer.  That's my Mother's Day Gift to myself, looking for a new apartment with an elevator.  Ta Da!!

KG

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

luise.volta

Elise

Thanks Louise - love that utube and its message!

Keys Girl

Thanks, Luise and Kirk, truly inspiring.
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

nikncon

Very inspiring Luise.We can all learn from this young man and his instructor.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

nikncon

KeysGirl.So happy for you.You will enjoy your Mother's Day gift for a long time.Hugs:))

nikncon

DH and I went to the DeSoto Seafood Festival in Bradenton Fl.Had a very nice day. 8)

Pen

Smellin' the lilacs :) Today I will plant some herbs a friend gave me and enjoy the day off.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

:) My first Fuchsia blossom burst forth today... she's indoors until Mothers Day, after spending the winter in my storage shed. Happly Spring!  :)