March 28, 2024, 04:48:55 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What have you done for yourself today?

Started by fangle, March 21, 2013, 06:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Good for us! We're doing so well ;D. You've all inspired me to focus on the positive re: DS & DIL and not the negative today. One day at a time.

I'm going to take my lovely cappuccino outside this morning. Lilacs are blooming!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

elsieshaye

Quote from: Pen on March 26, 2013, 07:14:35 AMI'm going to take my lovely cappuccino outside this morning. Lilacs are blooming!

I'm really looking forward to when it's light outside at the time that I'm usually having coffee!  Right now it's usually still dark when I walk to the bus, but the up side is that there's still sunlight when I leave work in the afternoon.  Just got back from walking around outside for a few minutes.  Just stood there and held my face up to the sun for a little bit.  Heavenly!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

freespirit

We are stuck deep in snow over here. A perfect day for  me to work on my photos and films. I belong to a movie making club, and have been behind in my assignments. I love that feeling of accomplishment. :)

Wow Luise! You go to curves! You are amazing in so many ways.

Elsie, just want to wish you loads of fun and luck with your new found crocheting/knitting group. Great that you took the initiative!
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

nikncon

Went out for lunch with a friend.Shared some of my thoughts.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

Made myself some popcorn the old fashioned way on top of the stove using coconut oil!  :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

FAFE

Spent the day shopping for odds and ends for the house.  I have some new furniture in my sunroom (all my presents for the year) and I needed some pillows and this and that.  Found a neat metal table at Ross for one end of the sofa.  It has been snowing off and on all day here (Atlanta area), just small flakes but it is snow, so I enjoyed that.

bosscat

I am new to this site but am so enjoying it and what a wonderful topic!!  I haven't done aything for
myself today - but tomorrow I am going to get my hair done then get my nails done.  Talk about
decadent!!  Being Scottish there is always a little bit os guilt about being so self indulgent - but I am
just old enough to realise that life is not a rehearsal!!  So all you ladies out there - go on - have a
''spoil myself day!!   Enjoy!!

luise.volta

fangle

Today I made some time to tend to my garden and had a relaxing bubble bath. xo

Pen

Today I worked out with the US Women's gymnastics team, had lunch @ the White House and flew first class to Paris to pick up my new Luis Vuitton handbag and luggage set.

April Fool's! Have a great day, everyone ;D  ;D  ;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I was so tickled that you took me with you, Pen! Thanks, again!  ;)

Pooh

Today, I didn't cuss when I came back to find my inbox and desk full of stuff to catch up on! :)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

freespirit

The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

OMG, Pooh! Do you still have an ice box? I'd suggest you stop buying ice and get a refrigerator!  :D :D :D

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell