April 19, 2024, 10:52:53 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Worried again!

Started by nikncon, March 19, 2013, 12:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikncon

Yes Pooh.You have had more than your share of worries too.Your DIL is lucky to have you as MIL. And you get to play with GS.xx I  am still hoping to have some news from my DS soon.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

fangle

IMO when we are up against things that are not so nice for our loved ones all we can do is wait and hope, worry is incidious and we have to battle against it because it makes matters worse.  It is hard to do, but Pooh and Nikncon you have such love for them, I am sure that you can overcome.  I am thinking of you and hoping for the best for your loved ones.  xo

nikncon

Thanks Fangle.It's so nice that I now have friends that encourage me and give me such great advice.Hugs.

Pen

Thinking of you, Nik. Hugs back :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

nikncon

Dear friends.I sent a card of encouragement to DS a week ago.I got an email tonight telling me not to send cards anymore,birthday,Christmas,gifts etc and that we are not family.I know that DS is not in a good place at the moment.I am not calling or emailing him back.I love him and feel bad but I don't deserve this treatment.I guess that he is angry at himself and the world and taking it out on me.I am angry and very sad tonight. :'(

luise.volta

Oh, Nik...I'm so sorry. Parents often get what they don't deserve and don't get what they do. That doesn't make it any easier, I know. Give yourself what you deserve. He's made his choice...now it's time to make yours. My contribution is that I'm...Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nikncon

Thanks Luise.I am trying hard to do things for myself.DH is so good to me.I think that I've been concentrating on DS and making my bp rise.I think that I'll spend some of that energy doing something nice for myself and DH.It still hurts.I guess that I too will be moving on with your support.xx

fangle

This is not what you expected, but life has forks, bumps and twists in the road.  You have your DH by your side for the ride.  Take care of each other and yourselves.  I am thinking of you and wishing you all the very best! (((hug))) xo

luise.volta

Your WWU family is with you 100%, Nik...as is your family at MFP. We all love you!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nikncon

Thanks again Luise.Fangle your kind words really touch my heart.Thanks to all my friends on wwU and MFP.I will be needing you more in the next few months.Hugs.

herbalescapes

March 25, 2013, 05:53:01 AM #25 Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:58:39 AM by luise.volta
Good luck.  Is it a silver lining that at least you know his position and you're not wondering "Should I have sent a card?"  DS may be in a dark place, but you can't help him or anyone else if you don't take care of yourself.  Take this as a sign to make yourself a priority.

Pen

Nik, it's not fair at all but sadly it's the way it is :(.   You're not alone, though. DH sounds like a supportive guy and you've got us here at WWU (((hugs))). Continue to take tender loving care of yourself and DH, & don't beat yourself up for those days when you take two steps back instead of two steps forward.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

nikncon

Thanks Pen. It's not easy.Today is not a good day but I'm going for a walk with the dog. :(

elsieshaye

Good on you for getting outside, Nik, and doing something kind for yourself (and your pup)!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Didi.lost

HUGS to you Nik.  I know how those harsh words from your AC sound and feel.  Let's just hang in there together and try to find something else to make us feel better.  We deserve it.

Lots of love