March 28, 2024, 04:16:04 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Bummed

Started by Pooh, March 18, 2013, 06:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Sorry guys, I'm a little scarce right now.  The day has come that I have been dreading.  The movers are at my house as I type.  I'm very proud and happy for DIL, YS and GS for being able to start their lives finally.  DIL and GS are headed out today to get their new apartment in order.  Movers are packing their stuff and then she will head out this morning when they finish.  We've been working all last week getting her ready, shopping for essentials and getting paperwork in order.

Such mixed emotions.  I'm very happy for them but going to miss them like crazy.  Going through the entire pregnancy and then having GS with us for the last 3 months has been wonderful and it's going to be so strange not to wake up and smootch him.  So, I'm having a pity party this morning.  It helps to know they will all be back in June for a month and we have Skype. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Beloved Pooh, a Pity-party is in order, for sure. I admire you so for what you have offered them during their rocky start. We don't have to like accepting what we know has to be accepted. And here on WWU, we don't have to pretend and keep a stiff upper lip. Whew! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Thank you Luise.  I did good until they were getting in the car.  I'll be good in a little bit, just hard to see them go.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

fangle

Oh, Pooh!  Count me in - I'm teary for you! They are still around, though.  When I am missing someone (especially my Nieces or Nephews) I allow myself 10 minutes a day to miss them or just think about them.  It helps.((((Massive Cuddle)))) xoxoxoxoxo

freespirit

I know what you are going through, Pooh. I raised my granddaughter the first two years of her life. I found the only thing that helped me was to keep as busy as can be. I worked on loads of projects at the same time,...but still, nights when it got quiet,...I felt like a mother who lost a child. But one thing is for sure. You have bonded with the child, and that will remain with the child forever. My granddaughter is now 7, but I often show her the photos of the time she lived with us,...and that time is ours forever.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

Pen

Pooh, I'm thinking of you. I hope by now things are starting to get into a new routine for you & DH. Best wishes to all on this new part of the journey, and special (((hugs))) to Grandma Pooh.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

nikncon

Skype is not the same of course but you'll be able to see her and talk to her.I feel for you.xx

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kate

Totally understand your feelings Pooh.  I'm holding sleeping baby in left arm while I type one handed, but I am off home on Monday after sharing the first 5 weeks of GS life.  Will miss this frantically but have yo go back to work on Tuesday. 

Didi.lost

Thinking of you also Pooh.  Oh life is so hard sometimes isn't it?  Another hurdle to get through and fill our minds
with thoughts.  Hang in there.  Sending lots of love

Keys Girl

Pooh, sometimes it's tough to say goodbye, even until June.  Sending good vibes your way,

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pooh

Thank you all.  It's been better the last week.  Had a work conference and been busy coaching these girls with my friend.  DIL has sent pics, videos and we text daily.  They are doing well and she finally got all her furniture and things delivered so she's been busy unpacking.  They are doing well and that makes me happy.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nikncon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pen

Glad to hear things are better, Pooh. It helps to know our kids are doing OK, doesn't it? Kinda bittersweet sometimes when we miss them so much.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Stilllearning

Pooh....I think I can smell June!!  It is almost here!!
Your mind is a garden your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
Author unknown