March 28, 2024, 08:04:12 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Something I heard yesterday

Started by Prissy, August 24, 2009, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prissy

Yesterday, a woman stood and spoke.  I could see that she had several of her fingers gone and many skin grafts.

What she said made an impact on me that I will never forget.  She was riding in a Motorhome with her husband and grandchildren.  An 18 wheeler hit them head on and caught the Motorhome on fire.

She was struggling to get her family out.  The paramedics came and tried to get her but she said, "not without my grandbabies!" She was on fire.

She didn't save any of them or her husband, no one could.  They all were dead.

She said the 8 years that she spent in anger against the hospital who made her get up, walk, go through painful reconstructive surgery was so overwhelming that it seemed like that's all her life was about.

Now, she said that maybe she lived to give others courage to keep on.

This story was moving to say the least.  Oh my goodness, to lose your grandbabies and your husband and you live!  I couldn't live another day, I don't think.  My heart just went out to her!!

luise.volta

I can't imagine it. I just can't.

My ex-DIL (and dearest friend) was rear-ended two years ago at a red light by an over-loaded 18 wheeler. She was a very successful technical recruiter, had her own company and was very well known and respected. She has permanent brain damage and is so weak she can do very little in any given day. She's had tests and medications and Dr. visits and no one can help her.

One minute, all is well...then the familiar is gone forever...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

just2baccepted

It's stories like this that make me thankful for my life and it also makes me think that my problems are really not that bad.  God Bless that poor woman and Luise's ex-DIL.

SunnyDays09

Very strong souls.  To keep on in such painful times.  Thank you for sharing those stories Prissy and luise.  Every now and then I need to be thankful for my blessings.  ♥