March 28, 2024, 03:37:39 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy Birthday Luise

Started by forever spring, March 09, 2013, 01:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forever spring

If I remember rightly today 9. 3. is your birthday. Many happy returns of the day, Luise.
You have created a forum which has been very helpful for me in the past. Thank you very much for this - also to your son Kirk who looks after this site so well. I wish you many more years of success.

nikncon

Hope that you are having a very special day with your family and friends and Val who is smiling down on all of you. :-*

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

THANK YOU!  :D :D :D I have always loved birthdays and this, my 86th is no exception. Kirk and Sandy are having a group over to sing and play with me this afternoon.   :D :D :D

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Add my good wishes for a wonderful birthday ;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pen

March 09, 2013, 11:07:02 AM #4 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:19:41 AM by Pen
Enjoy your day, Luise! Sounds like fun. Best wishes always  ;D

BTW, it looks like you've got two birthday threads going - wow! You are special, lol!

I'm merging the two topics now at your request. You're still special, though  :D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

fangle

Happy Birthday, Luise! Hip Hip Hooray! xo

firelight

Well, I lost my log info it took me a sec to get back to the wwu fam....

I marked your birthday on my calendar and I know it was the 9th.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the wisest of women! 
I have been gone a while and lots has happened, but I did purchase a ring that reminds me of all my friends here and just because I have been absent, doesn't mean I think of you all the time.  How can I not......you and the others were there for me during my darkest moments of motherhood. 

I hope you had a very happy birthday.  I haven't had time to check all the posts because I really wanted to wish you a happy birthday first ....I did see one where Val may not be doing well.  I am so sorry to hear.  You are in my thoughts luise volta.
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

firelight

ok, so I see I missed the boat in my absence and luise has lost her beloved....I am so sorry.  I know that in your heart of hearts, yours are still together.....the heart does go on as the song (Celine Dion) says.  I believe this to be true.  Hugs and love to you, luise.
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

Pooh

Sorry I missed your Birthday Luise!  Happy Belated Birthday!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

freespirit

Wow, What a role model you are! 86 years old, and still giving and sharing so much advice. Wishing you a wonderful warm and happy birthday!
Hugs
Freespirit :)
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

Thanks everyone! My birthday was nine days ago and today a sort of son, Bill, who couldn't get here before is coming up from Seattle to take me out to lunch and spoil me with presents. Friday friends were here from New Mexico! I know my 86th birthday coming just sixteen days after the death of my beloved husband is part of this extended celebration of my long life. They all want me to look forward, not back. I find it very comforting. When Val was my age, (which was sixteen years ago!) he had a lot going for him and was deep into volunteering here on our senior campus. A great role model! :-)

Keys Girl

Happy Belated Birthday, Luise!!

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Beth 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Ms. Luise. I haven't been here for awhile.  You are truly an inspiration.   ;D   

luise.volta

Really nice to see you again, KG and B!  :D