March 28, 2024, 11:14:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

You are in my prayers Luise.

Started by nikncon, February 19, 2013, 05:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangle

Luise,  You have my condolences and I wish you and yours peace and love at this time of transition and reflection.

FAFE

Luise, I am so very sorry.  Will keep you and your family in my prayers.  Wish I were close enough to give you a big ole hug. 

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

There is a sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness,
but of power.
They speak more eloquently
than 10,000 tongues.
They are the messengers
of overwhelming grief,
of deep contrition,
and of unspeakable love.

- Washington Irving
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

February 26, 2013, 07:48:44 AM #19 Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:54:37 AM by luise.volta
Day 6: I'm hanging in there...with a lot of help from my friends. Thank you! Everyone here is bring wonderful, too. I'm only alone when I want to be. Widowhood is a "new land." Even though Val and I didn't live together for the last three years, he was still 1/2 a block away and we saw each other nearly every day.  Sometimes when he was still able to converse a little...he made me laugh. Like when I went to kiss him and he looked me in the eye and said..."I'm married!" He didn't know who to, but he was loyal to me, none the less! The nurses here all loved him and wanted to clone him. The last words he was able to say cogently were "thank you." It was just who he was to appreciate everything done for him.

When Val was transferred to the nursing facility on our campus, I moved into a HUD studio apartment here. It is very comforting to me that I did that almost three years ago and don't have to face it now. I'm established and comfortable in my own place. Kirk and Sandy moved back to Washington last fall after seventeen years in Kauai and are only 45 minutes away. What a blessing that is! I have a lot to be grateful for. :-)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

firelight

luise,  I am so touched by the prayer you sang to your beloved at his bedside and certain he heard it by his squeezing your hand.  What a wonderful gift to be able to "walk him home."  That is about the nearest to heaven you can get on this side of it.  What a beautiful ending (at least in this world) to a beautiful love story.  BUT, the heart goes on..... 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~