March 29, 2024, 06:40:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Help with future in-laws

Started by Lucylala, December 03, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikncon

Hi Lucy.I was just wondering if you had worked things out with FDH.I hope that you had  moved on.Too complicated.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Keys Girl

Lucy, there are turning points in everyone's life.  Your gut is telling you something.  That's why you are here.  Listen to your gut.  There's a lot of red flags on the field.

My advice is don't let him move in.  Keep two households.  Break it off.  Don't marry him and go away on a nice long vacation. 

The phrase is marriage is "For Better or Worse" and you've got a tiny glimpse of what the "Worse" might be and likely would expand into "Much Worse".

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

fangle

Hello,
First priority - Your DD and you(your responsibility)/the other children(DF's responsibility)  Second priority - Leave or at the very least go to couple's counselling.  Third priority - (not your problem, however) Job centre/want ads/recruitment agent/social worker for MM, MF, MS (M=Mooching).  This third one is not yours or his responsibility, but if for any reason you don't leave, kick them out and make it theirs.
Good Luck!