March 28, 2024, 02:17:50 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Once again....Just Shoot Me!

Started by Orly, May 11, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orly

"Sigh"....once again I'm sitting here at my computer and I look up out the window....something has caught my eye.   LARGE FLUFFY FLAKES OF SNOW are gliding past.
I swear I am just so over this winter and I wish to God that it would stop SNOWING!

Please, just shoot me.  Put me out of my misery.  Wear shorts and flip-flops in memory of me.......

elsieshaye

Ugh.  It's extremely cold here too, and rainy.  No snow, though (knock on wood!).  I just bought a couple of sweaters on clearance for next fall/winter, and it looks like I'll be able to wear them this week.   ::)  I'm much less excited about that than I'd ordinarily be, lol.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Orly

MAY 12.....I refuse, absolutely refuse, to go out and shovel my walkways this morning!  We have road/travel warnings up, my dog is refusing to go out and "do" her business (and when she does smells horribly of wet dog),  and I'm not looking forward towards the mud to come.

cremebrulee

oh Orly....hugs, hope spring comes to your area with a vengence....and stays....hugs...
Creme

Orly

Good news...(I'll believe it when I see it, lol)...we are suppose to get up to the seventies this weekend and maybe into the eighties on Monday!  I'm going to Home Depot for a manure run,......whoopie!

Pen

Hmmm...manure run....we could totally joke about that :D

It does look like a great weekend for gardening here, too. Can't wait to get the seedlings in the raised bed! Enjoy, WWU -gardeners -for -whom -spring-is-finally-here. For those still dealing with winter weather, sorry...here's some hot cocoa (or a toddy if it's come to that.)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

yeahhh whoooo hooooo
Jumping up and down for you....

finally!

Hope

Wow!  What a difference a week can make!  Crazy!  Well, I'm doing the happy dance for you!  Love and Hugs, Hope

Orly

Update....I did my manure run and had to fight the crowds at Home Depot with the same idea.  One week later....once again it is snowing lightly and cold.  The Salt Lake City channels are reporting the ski resorts are going to stay open until June 20, 2010 (usually close on Memorial day) since they have a base of 117 inches on the mid-mountain runs still.  LOl, I'll be out there in the garden soon, come heck or thigh deep drifts....I'm reaching the don't care point....and will be out freezing my ample tushie off.

luise.volta

Orly - I am sending your plea to Kirk...who lives in Kauai with a request that he soak up some rays for you!! BAh, Humbug and stuff!! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I just looked out the window and saw snowflakes....whaaa???? We were going to work on the yard today, and then go to the beach. Perhaps a fire and something hot to drink is on the agenda instead of shorts and lemonade. Crazy.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

We just had a half a foot of snow in the mountain passes this week!  :o
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama